Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

scripted events

Page: 1 of 1
 plokoon9
08-10-2004, 2:31 PM
I was curious as to whether or not there are any scripted events planned for this mod. Does the SDK allow for this sort of thing or what? i myself think it's great listening in on paranoia stricken troopers on night shift gaurd duty, or just some ignorant fool who gets too close to a monster. maybe that's too much to hope for or some people would say that this would be too far off from the original. o well, just a thought...
 The_One
08-10-2004, 3:35 PM
Scripted scenes are certainly no problem, and there will definitely be a few making an appearance in the mod.

Even in the demo that's coming soon there are a few scripted Stormy conversations, and - I think - some easter egg music ;)
 Ackehallgren
08-11-2004, 3:48 PM
WOW!
The storime convos are a big part of the JK series :D

This is gonna be awesome!

Easter egg music? I don't get it...
 Locutus_of_Borg
08-12-2004, 9:41 AM
Originally posted by The_One
Even in the demo that's coming soon there are a few scripted Stormy conversations
Have you recorded your own Stormtrooper conversations or have you got them for DF/DF2 etc.?
It'd be funny to have the Stormtroopers discussing the MOD or something. Something like:
ST1: So, have you seen the new Dark Forces MOD Demo?
ST2: Yeah some of the other guys were talking about it. They say it was definitely worth the wait.
After hearing them compliment the MOD it would almost be a shame to blast them :D.
 The_One
08-12-2004, 3:27 PM
They are recorded fresh for the mod ;) I believe we have even used some of the ones submitted in the competition over a year ago...

Tom Resnick is our voice actor in chief; he's done a bunch of voices for us including Stormtroopers, the Commando, the Dark Troopers and even some additional work for Kyle :D
 Ackehallgren
08-13-2004, 5:14 AM
That's awesome!
But, will the DT really need any more sounds?
I thought it was scary as hell when they just made those weird sounds :D
 plokoon9
08-17-2004, 1:17 PM
That sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. Listening in on other people's conversations is one of my favorite things about games. Will we see any bad guys get eaten by dianogas and/or other creatures? this is just one of those things i think would be real cool. at that rate is it possible to program any of the enemies to be indifferent to who they attack? perhaps a few violent dark troopers mowing down stormies who get in their way? or maybe those are the extra sounds which are being added to the DT... :D

One more thing... when you say "additional work for kyle" does that imply any big changes being made to this mod? perhaps enlarged levels, or extra mission objectives of some sort? i can't wait to see what you guys have done... its just so exciting...
Page: 1 of 1