Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Dex
08-09-2004, 10:28 AM
How do you make mdl files compactable with gmax?
 Darth333
08-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm not quite sure of what you mean by compactable but to play with models you will need cchargin's MDLOps : http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/)

(All the info was in the Guide for the Newbie btw)

On how to use it, start with the readme it is very well done and gives you all the instructions on how to export, import models.
 Darth Dex
08-09-2004, 3:01 PM
I know I have it, but it does, work I have a file to convert I hit write file and nothing happened, but a random file called -bin.mdl appears.
 StormTrooper789
08-09-2004, 3:04 PM
You need to have the *.mdx and *.mdl filles both in the same directory when use MDLOPS to export models. It talks about this in the readme. ;)
 Darth Dex
08-09-2004, 4:08 PM
I do. I have the .mdx and .mdl on my Desktop.
 Mono_Giganto
08-11-2004, 5:55 PM
Hit read and write file, the -bin file is something else, but it's not what you want I think.
 stingerhs
08-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
I do. I have the .mdx and .mdl on my Desktop.

you may want to make a seperate folder for the files. some programs don't like pulling things off a desktop, especially if its cluttered (like mine).
Page: 1 of 1