Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Stuck on the "Lightsaber puzzle" (JK2)

Page: 1 of 1
 fguizar
08-07-2004, 11:00 PM
I NEED HELP I AM STUCK, IґM AT THE LAS PHASE OF THE JAVIN TRAILS, I HAVE ALREADY MY LS, I CANNOT THROE EH LS TO THE ROPES TO EXIT, IM STANDING ON TOP OF THE PILARS BUT WHEN I PRESS THE THROW COMMAND NOTHING HAPPENS. MY TARGET SIGN APPEARS ALWAY IN WHITE. ANY TIPS ON WHAT CAN I DO.
THANKS.
 Samuel Dravis
08-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Make sure that the right mouse button is bound to altattack. Type this into the console: "bind mouse2 +altattack;" (without the quotes). Then try throwing the saber at the ropes holding the pillars up.
 fguizar
08-08-2004, 8:50 PM
I AM AT THE LAST STAGE ON HARR SHADDARA IN REELOS HIDEOUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE ALLREADY REALEASED ALL THE HANDLES AND KILLED EVERYTHING ON SITE, I HAVE GONE UNDER THE STAIRS AND PULLED THE HANDDLE BUT LANDO SITLL IN BARS WHEN I GET TO HIM, ANY ADVICE, THANKS.
 Samuel Dravis
08-09-2004, 12:17 AM
IIRC, there was a control panel in Reelo's office that opened Lando's cell. When you activate it, it should have a cutscene showing Lando escaping.
 Neverhoodian
08-09-2004, 1:33 PM
You don't have to type everything in caps, fguizar. Everything capitalized=shouting/yelling here. Just a bit of a heads-up there.;)
 fguizar
08-10-2004, 8:58 PM
Sorry Neverhoodian as you can see I am new to this. Thanks for the tip. Maymbe you can help me on this. I am playing with my laptop and I am trying to gey into console, I read I had to hold shift and press the tilde key but nothing is happening, I allrady try during the game and before starting the game. The only way I see the console is when I boot up the game and it only stays for a few seconds, any tips on how can I get the console going. Thanks.
 Samuel Dravis
08-10-2004, 10:26 PM
If the tilde thing's not working for some reason, you could try:

Creating a new console key. Probably the easiest way to do so would be to open the jasp.cfg file (it's in the ...LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\ folder) and search for "toggleconsole". The key name is right before that part; here's an example:

// generated by Star Wars Jedi Academy, do not modify
unbindall
bind SHIFT "+speed"
bind CTRL "+attack"
bind ` "toggleconsole"
bind ~ "toggleconsole"

Change the key to what you want it to be, such as:

bind u "toggleconsole"

Then start up the game, and the key you selected should work as your console key.
 fguizar
08-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Can any one PLEASE tell me how can I kill Tavion, Iґve bein on it for FOUR hours and I havent even got near killing her. I am desperate.
THANKS
 fguizar
08-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Thanks SAMUEL for all your help, but guess what I dont even have a .cgf file anywhere in the program I have even run a search and nothing, any ideas, the strange thing is tha the console appears to be booting at the beguinning of the game so I assume that it has to be there. THANKS:
 Samuel Dravis
08-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Ok, then just create a new text file in the gamedata\base\ folder. Paste this into it:

bind u "toggleconsole"

Changing the "u" to whatever key you want it to be. Now, rename the file from New Text Document.txt or whatever it is to "autoexec.cfg". If you cannot see the file extensions (the three letter end after the period), go to Windows Explorer. Select the menu TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS... Now there should be tabs on the top of the page. Click the one that says VIEW. Scroll down on the list; one of them says Hide file extensions for known file types.... Uncheck that, and you should now be able to see the extensions on all of your files.

Run the game. The key you used should be working as your console key now.
 Nauticus
08-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Do you have all the updates for your 3d card? My old OpenGL drivers ran some games, but the console didn't work.
 fguizar
08-12-2004, 1:34 AM
Thanks Samuel but I either must be real stupid or this is not working. Any other ideas I tried everything that you told me.

I created the autoexec.cfg file in my gamedata base directory and in it I copied and paste what you sent me using the "u" as my key. When I run the game and press shift "u" nothing happens any other ideas.
 fguizar
08-12-2004, 1:36 AM
I am open fot tips on how to kill TAVION I am trying for hours to kill her and cant even get close to do so.

HELP
 Neverhoodian
08-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Because I wrote this so recently and I'm too lazy to rewrite it, I'll just post this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132853). Hope that helps.
 JediRyu
08-12-2004, 7:57 PM
can anyone help? i seem to be stuck in the room towards the end of the Yavin Trials where you use force push on the stone switches to lower the ledges. you know the room where the exit door is high above the entrance door. i lowered all of the ledges but i can't seem to jump high enough. i do have force jump level 1, is there something i'm doing wrong?
 Samuel Dravis
08-12-2004, 8:35 PM
Use Pull to expose some ledges leading up to the top door; they are slightly different from the normal block texture.
 JediRyu
08-22-2004, 12:52 AM
thanx 4 the advice Sam, that's not where i was, but still i thank u. and 2 fguizar if u r still stuck on Tavion. here's some advice. she has the same lightsaber abilities as the reborn she's just a little faster. best advice is to slow down, wait for her to attack and counter. has anyone gotten out of the cairn reactor im stuck in the corridor just before u shut off the reactor beams.
 JediMeister
09-02-2004, 1:33 PM
Tavion is such a pushover. I found a really cheap way to kill her that won't drain your health or your shields. The one raised area of the platform by the ship has two sections, get on the higher one. When she tries to jump up to where you are, run under her and use pull. This will cause her to jump off your head into either the abyss below or smack headfirst into the ground. Simple and easy. The reactor was one of the most confusing parts of the entire game so its easy to see how you might get lost in there. Consider looking at the walkthroughs on gamefaqs.com if I can't help you. If you've gotten this far, you know you have to use force speed to get anywhere. So just turn it on, run around the corner and make your way to the red switch on the central core. Once you hit it everything's off, now you just have to find a hole in the ceiling to jump into.
 JediRyu
09-02-2004, 7:48 PM
JediMeister, your help is good. i was looking at the Versus Books Strategy Guide when i saw what u meant by using the map. the written strategy in the book is flawed. got any good advice for defeating galak other than pound him with the heavy repeater, oh and im out of ammo for the demp 2.
 Sam Fisher
09-03-2004, 3:39 AM
You get his shields off with the reapater, then use speed to get on his backside and you'll see a little red thing sticking up from his back, shoot it with an E-11 and you'll blow it. Then go after him with your saber.
 machammer
09-03-2004, 9:15 AM
I can't reach the light saber before the cage closes.
I have force speed, what am i missing???

Thanks
 Sam Fisher
09-03-2004, 9:21 AM
Timing, and right before you get to the cage, use Force Pull ON THE SABER, otherwise it will not pull it to you, seeing as you have only one rank in Pull.

It takes a little practice.
 JediRyu
09-04-2004, 1:37 PM
Thanx for the help Sam Fisher. beat it right after your help. machammer another thing u can try is as soon as the stone pillar gets to the ground use force run up the ramp, when ur clear overhead jump toward the cage and use force pull while your in the air
 Sam Fisher
09-04-2004, 2:12 PM
That might work also, but I've never tried ^^
Page: 1 of 1