Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

trigger_teleport probz

Page: 1 of 1
 SMoKE
08-07-2004, 8:39 AM
Can a trigger_multiple make a trigger_teleport change target when used?
 Jedi_Vogel
08-07-2004, 3:29 PM
Not sure, but possibly with scripting...

which reminds me I should get back to learning scripting soon...
 lauser
08-07-2004, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by SMoKE
Can a trigger_multiple make a trigger_teleport change target when used?

NO but, you can target the trigger to multiple destinations. I've had 3 at last count. I don't know if I would go any higher than 3 or so. Oh btw, it's a random target. So if you enter the trigger, you never know where you will end up.
 Jedi_Vogel
08-08-2004, 3:35 PM
...which wouldn't be helpful on a CTF or TFFA if the word "tactics" mean anything...

but if you like random...go for it :D
 EvilJedi
08-08-2004, 11:05 PM
You could script the trigger_teleport to be a door at the same time that it's a trigger_teleport, then put another one next to it elsewhere, out of the way. When you press a button, they switch. Just a suggestion, but good luck on pulling it off. I have no idea myself.
 WadeV1589
08-09-2004, 6:29 AM
How about doing it like this:

http://www.stargatemods.com/misc/3-way-link.gif)

You can repeat the process to add any number of trigger_multiples which act as teleporters because of the target_teleport entity.

In the image the 3 'INACTIVE' trigger_multiples are side by side but in your map once you've made them all you could just overlap them all so then they'd all act in the same place but teleport you to different places depending on which button was pressed (the buttons are the trigger_multiples with USE_BUTTON). Incidently the bold black text are the spawn flags to set in the N window.
 SMoKE
08-15-2004, 2:56 PM
Well, Wade, your way makes it random which trigger_multiple I use... But thx anyway:)

If anyone else has any other ideas, then plz tell me.
 WadeV1589
08-15-2004, 7:20 PM
My method means you can activate any trigger you want using buttons meaning total control...where does random come in?
 SMoKE
08-16-2004, 6:39 AM
OK, I see your point, but I would like to use one trigger_multiple to change these targets, and that's not possible with your theory... That would work great with three different buttons, but not for one trigger_multiple:(
 *Dark
08-16-2004, 1:31 PM
It would be possable to use a single button to change where the teleport would end up if you had the same set up but had the script triggering the targat_activate/deactivate the different trigger_multiples
Page: 1 of 1