Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Page: 5 of 5
 Kain
09-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
This (http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5272/HALO_Holy_Combat.jpg) definitely deserves recognition. It may be off by 4 years, but it's still great.

Regarding Halo, it seems as if the Pistol from Halo: CE HAS been remodeled and tweaked. It's now going to be known as the Magnum, which will do less damage and have fewer bullets per clip (10 for a magnum, as opposed to 12 per the 'pistol') along with no zoom. It IS said to be dual-wieldable.

No more three shot pistol kills....

Here's a pic (http://webpages.charter.net/voltron64/halo%202%20beta%20pics/20040908135015reel.jpg) off a French website.

Here's a link (http://www.101spartan.com/site/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=35) to an english website containing more pic's from the french website, including one that boasts a new multi-player mode called "Head Hunter" in which you must "collect the heads of the fallen. The more you save, the more you score by bringing them to your home base."

That first link is HILARIOUS!! But I'm sure you'll piss a few people off with it.

@pistol: GOOD!! ****in thing used to piss me off so much man! I seriously started to ****in hate it. Though I think the new model is a bit...lacking.
 Mex
09-09-2004, 12:38 PM
It looks like a few squares stuck together. But I'm sure Bungie will make it transform.

Square : Lots of squares : Some circle bits :xp: : more detailed model : more detailed textures.

I can't wait for Halo 2, no more over powered pistol!
 ckcsaber
09-09-2004, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by Kain
That first link is HILARIOUS!! But I'm sure you'll piss a few people off with it.

Meh. I try to find humour in everything. If you take your beliefs to seriously, you're just blinding yourself, although I think my Pastor may disagree.....

XD

Yeah, the Magnum looks a little non-descript, but I'm just glad it's been toned down. The pistol made the original Halo seem a bit unrealistic (if you can apply that term to a game) by being able to snipe people with a handgun half the map away.
 BongoBob
09-09-2004, 8:18 PM
Plus, it's a beta build. I know for a fact that everything will look better. For example, if you bought Halo after E3 and it had the trailer of halo 2 e3 on it, watch it, then watch the little making of. It shows the end part where all the elites get dropped down ODST "HellJumper" style, and it's much much more detailed.

BTW:I bought Halo:The Flood Today. I read 100 pages in under half an hour. I love how it shows the game from the perspective of the helljumpers, Keyes, foehammer, and the covanent. That's friggin awsome :cool:
 Darth Groovy
09-11-2004, 4:05 PM
I have all the books now, and almost beat the first game.
 PR-0927
09-11-2004, 4:33 PM
Well, the pistol thing is sort of better. But, here is a spoiler:

In Halo: First Strike, they get new pistols...and Kelly dual weilds them. They have auto-zoom, and more firepower. Maybe, from that book to Halo 2, they downgraded it...I guess. As for the Battle Rifle, in the book it was called the Assault Rifle, as the Spartans weren't told the new name yet by Dr. Halsey.

Yeah, I saw all of those pictures, and even the new ones released yesterday and today. I can't wait to pilot the Wraith!! Go to the Bungie website, and click on the headline Halo 2 update, it has links, and the IGN one goes into organized detail!!

:fett:
 ckcsaber
10-11-2004, 6:33 AM
New trailer (http://www.icb2.com/OriginalReaper/halo2.WMV)

I gotta give my prop's to the dedicated Halo fan who went covert and brought us this trailer. It's not complete, but ANYTHING is good.
 Doomie
10-11-2004, 7:52 AM
Oh. My. God.

Please let the rumor be true and let it also come out for pc please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please Are you looking for secret messages? please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please here's one please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
 TiE23
10-11-2004, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by Doomie
Oh. My. God.

Please let the rumor be true and let it also come out for pc please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please Are you looking for secret messages? please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please here's one please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please QUIT WAITING AND GET A ****ING XBOX!!!

or just steal one, either way is fine.

TiE
 jokemaster
10-11-2004, 2:58 PM
*Steals TiE's XBOX*
But still, I found the veichles MUCH easier to control on PC.
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-11-2004, 3:01 PM
What would anyone say to people selling their Xbox? http://www.echonetwork.net/forums/images/smilies/shifty.gif)
 TiE23
10-11-2004, 3:23 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
*Steals TiE's XBOX*
But still, I found the veichles MUCH easier to control on PC.
NO!! NOT MY ORANGE CHROME XBOX!!!

*shoots jokemasters kneecaps with a 9mm*
DIE!!!! :evil2:

TiE
 BongoBob
10-11-2004, 4:34 PM
yes...protect your ugly xbox :xp:

Read if you've read first strike*

Does anyone here think that you will fight alongside any of the other spartans? And does anyone have any clue what was with Dr. Halsey taking Kelly. Any clue what this secret mission is or if we'll find out in halo 2?
 jokemaster
10-11-2004, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
NO!! NOT MY ORANGE CHROME XBOX!!!

*shoots jokemasters kneecaps with a 9mm*
DIE!!!! :evil2:

TiE
That's why I wear kneepads

MWAHAHAHA
*Starts playing Chrome Xbox*
*repaints it green*
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-11-2004, 5:06 PM
I got mine up for grabs if anyone wants it for $180 plus games, dvd remote, and HD pack. :p

Note: I'm joking, but actually may consider it too as I don't play it anymore.
 Acrylic
10-11-2004, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by Treacherous Mercenary
I got mine up for grabs if anyone wants it for $180 plus games, dvd remote, and HD pack. :p

Note: I'm joking, but actually may consider it too as I don't play it anymore.

Traitor...
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-11-2004, 5:40 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Traitor...

Quick cash for new PC parts, what can I say?

Xbox just doesn't keep me playing long and I love the MP aspect for PC gaming. :p Not to mention FPS controls better on keyboard and mouse for me, though Halo does well in Xbox.
 Doomie
10-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Just watched the announce trailer again, at almost max volume... So cool...

Times like that, make me wish i had an X-box.

Master Chief > all...
 Darth Groovy
10-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Quick cash for new PC parts, what can I say?

Xbox just doesn't keep me playing long and I love the MP aspect for PC gaming. :p Not to mention FPS controls better on keyboard and mouse for me, though Halo does well in Xbox.

I should drag you out into the street and bitch slap you.

You do realize you are one of about three gamertag buddies I have right? AND you were the first person I ever played a game on LIVE with. :(
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I should drag you out into the street and bitch slap you.

You do realize you are one of about three gamertag buddies I have right? AND you were the first person I ever played a game on LIVE with. :(

Well it figures, Xbox live officially cancels on me over a week ago, but I don't quite have the games for Live anyways.

Note to everyone: I'm a back stabbing cockbite, but some know that already anyways. :p

Oh yeah, the main point of why I'm posting now. I just got my issue of EGM with several pages of Halo 2 goodness. Maybe I'll take pics later if anyone wants? ;)
 jokemaster
10-13-2004, 1:55 PM
His name is Treacherous Merc, y'know.
 BongoBob
10-13-2004, 5:08 PM
I just got my issue of EGM with several pages of Halo 2 goodness. Maybe I'll take pics later if anyone wants? ;)

I can't stress this enough...

YES!!!

Thank you :)
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-16-2004, 8:14 AM
I'll get the screenies up a bit later....

And now for other news.....

I pre-ordered Halo 2 and got an Xbox live card http://forums.cncden.com/images/smilies/moosmilies/wired.gif)
 TiE23
10-17-2004, 11:00 AM
I'll get the screenies up a bit later....

And now for other news.....

I pre-ordered Halo 2 and got an Xbox live card http://forums.cncden.com/images/smilies/moosmilies/wired.gif) *Spares Mecenaries life...... puts down gun*

TiE
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-17-2004, 12:33 PM
*Spares Mecenaries life...... puts down gun*

Saving that gun for the battlefield TiE? Perhaps the day we fight eachother? ;) You know you are.
 Darth Groovy
10-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Saving that gun for the battlefield TiE? Perhaps the day we fight eachother? ;) You know you are.

I expect you to be a regular when that game comes out. I will be trading in much need sleep for long hours playing Halo 2 on live. Prepare for the insomnia!

Also, hope you didn't change your gamertag, Treacherous Mercenary, if you did, pleas pm me? I am going to whore this game like there is no tomorrow. :p
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-18-2004, 5:33 AM
 ET Warrior
10-18-2004, 7:08 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I expect you to be a regular when that game comes out. I will be trading in much need sleep for long hours playing Halo 2 on live. Prepare for the insomnia!

I plan on playing so much Halo2 I'm honestly worried that my grades will suffer terribly, which is bad because they're already less than stellar this semester :(
 Mex
10-18-2004, 7:43 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I plan on playing so much Halo2 I'm honestly worried that my grades will suffer terribly, which is bad because they're already less than stellar this semester :(

Same here. :indif: Halo 2 will turn me pale because I'll be inside so much. :xp:
 TiE23
10-20-2004, 7:54 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
AHHH!!!!

me.... too... *clutches history book and xbox controller*

TiE
 Mex
10-20-2004, 8:03 AM
Spoilers alert..

Rumour has it that Blood Gulch is in Halo 2.

Edit: Don't visit the GameFaqs Halo 2 forums! There are threads there which reveal the whole storyline.
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-20-2004, 8:15 AM
Originally posted by Pal™
Edit: Don't visit the GameFaqs Halo 2 forums! There are threads there which reveal the whole storyline.

That just entices me to do so now. *goes on a search*
 TiE23
10-20-2004, 1:55 PM
That just entices me to do so now. *goes on a search* *Joins*

TiE
 TiE23
10-20-2004, 4:14 PM
Don't even high light!
you are ****ing warned, click, and you can never turn back Take the Green Pill (http://www.xboxrules.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3969.msg39735;topicseen)

TiE
 Evil Dark Jedi
10-21-2004, 3:36 AM
Don't even high light!
you are ****ing warned, click, and you can never turn back Take the Green Pill (http://www.xboxrules.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3969.msg39735;topicseen)

TiE

Heh I shut it once I saw the top. Didnt even load up.
 ckcsaber
10-21-2004, 5:41 AM

That's why I left those forums.
 Curt-Man
10-21-2004, 6:21 AM
one of my brothers friends downloaded it on pc and beat it in 2 days, all he did for the 2 days was play halo 2, he ate like twice and didn't sleep. but i play to enjoy it and take my time, once i get it.
 Mex
10-21-2004, 6:37 AM
Curt, may I please have your friends address? I would find it ever so funny to report him to piracy@microsoft.com :)
 TiE23
10-21-2004, 4:18 PM
You can get rewards I hear like, $1000 dollars. :)
Just give Pal your friends addresses

TiE
 BongoBob
10-21-2004, 6:40 PM
I've been emailing them p2p programs and IPs for two days now.

And yes, give me that damn email adress, and even his real adress.
 Mex
10-22-2004, 4:35 AM
I think I heard somewhere that theres a Halo 2 demo on the US version of OXM. Can anyone confirm this?
 BongoBob
10-22-2004, 5:20 AM
just did a search and I got nothing, the closest thing to it I got was people talking about if there was one coming out on august 24.

:( damn
 ckcsaber
10-22-2004, 5:29 AM
Bungie has said no demo will be realesed until Halo 2 has been released. That was 2 months ago though...
 Mex
10-22-2004, 6:52 AM
On some other forums one guy said a list of demos. The thread was about Halo 2 and he said "ONE SUPER SECRET DEMO THAT YOU CAN'T MISS" so it just might be Halo 2. I also heard a magazine or something talking about a demo.
 ET Warrior
10-22-2004, 7:08 AM
I think I heard somewhere that theres a Halo 2 demo on the US version of OXM. Can anyone confirm this?

The game comes out in less than three weeks, you've waited YEARS for this, I think 2.5 weeks won't kill you :xp:
 Mex
10-22-2004, 7:15 AM
I know, I just wanted to know if there was a demo. :xp: I really gotta get my live working before November the 11th, I keep on getting "Cables not connected" error. :indif:
 ET Warrior
10-22-2004, 7:22 AM
If you're getting the cables not connected then you probably have a faulty cable. :dozey:

That, or you don't have your cable plugged into both your Xbox AND the internet :xp:
 Mex
10-22-2004, 7:28 AM
I've tried over 5+ different cables, and I do have it plugged in thank you very much. :xp: I'll ring my ISP up and yell at them, I bet they'll want me to pay extra or something.
 Treacherous Mercenary
10-22-2004, 7:39 AM
Nov. 9th, I hope retail stores don't run out fast on those pre-orders! :eek: I may be working that day, so I can't pick it up until after 4 PM. Decided to pre-order retail instead of online.
 Mex
10-22-2004, 9:26 AM
This is a good opportunity to tell eachother our gamertags so on the day of release we might bump into each other.

Mine is : Redria. Look out for me on November the 11th.
Page: 5 of 5