Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Major Issues!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Frodo
08-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Hey yall,

Its your friendly neighborhood mapper that is having issues and is confused outa his mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So heres the issue: I keep gettin ERROR: MAX_TW_VERTS exceeded. I went through the forums and found a thread with it,but i still dont under stand. Heres the link to the site mentioned in the previous thread.

http://forums.ravensoft.com/ib/ikonboard.pl?;act=ST;f=9;t=23614)

so if anyone can help me ID REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!!!
 lauser
08-05-2004, 12:23 AM
TW Verts stand for Verts...or VERTICES. There is a brush somewhere in your map that has way too many vertices. This also means it has too many faces. Radiant doesn't like that and neither does the game engine.
EXAMPLE:
Did you make a column out of a solid brush and then slice it up into smaller chaunks? If you did then one of those chunks has too many faces. Delete it or make a more simple version of that brush.

EXAMPLE: You have a square brush, you keep cutting it until you have 50 faces. You will then get that error.

I'm glad you searched first and then after posted your confusion....thanks.
 Lord Frodo
08-05-2004, 12:38 AM
you are a god my friend

i do have two brushes like that
ill tryt it and if that doesnt work ill reply agian
 Lord Frodo
08-05-2004, 1:34 AM
HEY :(
Well i have alot of brushes that had a at least twelve vertices. I guess thats were the max cv vert (12) <----- comes from. Anyways i took alot out. actually i think all of them and im stll getting it. Now, i guess the clip brushes cant heve to many vertices either. But what about curves?? Are they included in this???

Thank
 lauser
08-05-2004, 2:34 AM
No curves will give you a different error. When you use Clip..just make a genarl clip of the area, it doesn't have to be neat. You will never notice it ingame. Say for instance you have a tree you want to clip. Make a square brush and leave it. If you are a little more picky like me, cut off all 4 corners simulating a column. ;)
 Lord Frodo
08-05-2004, 3:15 AM
ok. weell i think ive deleted all brushes with more than 12 vertices. Still the same thing. Also this came up earlier too.

SetupSurfaceLightmaps ---
WARNING: Lightmap texture coords out of range: S 5.2049 > 5 || T 126.7459 > 127
WARNING: Lightmap texture coords out of range: S 5.2049 > 5 || T 0.5000 > 127
WARNING: Lightmap texture coords out of range: S 5.2049 > 5 || T 126.7459 > 127
WARNING: Lightmap texture coords out of range: S 5.2049 > 5 || T 0.5000 > 127

Man im so confused this sucks :)

Is there a way i may be able to get your aim

Thanks again --Frodo
 Codja X
08-07-2004, 8:41 AM
Try this:

Open www.google.com) in your address bar and type in the search:

Lightmap texture coords out of range

I've just done that and have found a LOAD of stuff that would help.

I know it's easier to just ask someone on the forum how to fix a problem, but if you a little of your own research, you'll gradually built up an understanding on how everything fits together and so you'll get less and less error messages as you progress.

You should only post a new thread as a last resort if searching on this website, www.map-center.com), www.map-review.com) and www.google.com) fails.

Then, we will be MORE than glad to help.

For the record though, I don't know how to fix this error:)
Page: 1 of 1