Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MY last mod until KotOR2...

Page: 1 of 1
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 5:35 PM
Okay, I'm going to do one more mod before I'm done modding for KotOR (I will still be a frequent visitor at Holowan however, and offer help and such). Don't worry, this is going to be a cool mod. It's going to be a module, involving another mass trading company like Czerka. Two people from this forum at least will be included in this. (I'm not trying to rip off Doom_Dealer or anything, I have my reasons for both people) My question to all of you people is: which planet should I place it on? I'd prefer to have it on Manaan, I can't really cook up an idea for the other planets. However I'm still interested in everyone else's opinions, so I made a poll.

PS-Mattcole, your requested saber crystal will be available for purchase when it's complete!

Edit: I would also appreciate it if you posted why you voted what you did. Eg: If I get 20 votes for Taris and not a single reason I'll choose something different!

Second Edit: I'm going to explain this a little further. It will basically be a module(moduleS, depending on the size) with a bunch of workers that will sell you various things that I've made, but never released.

I'm also going to say that I need to get my answers within the next couple days, otherwise I will NEVER get to finishing this, cause I haven't actually started the module yet, as I'm at a loss for which one to use, and I still have to read through quite a bit of doom's tutorial. And in 2 weeks I'm back off to high school, and AP classes take up a lot of my time. :p I'll have to take to modding on the weekends, if i have the time then. So you can understand why I'm in a hurry to get this done. On a side note however, I'm taking programming classes this year, maybe I will learn a thing or two about scripting.
 Colma Adawin
08-04-2004, 5:59 PM
i chose Korriban, why you ask? well i chose it becoz Czerha have a settlement there and also becoz Korriban is Boring, so id like to see Korriban improved :D

oh and thx Mono, i appireate you doing the sabre crystal for me :p and i like your custom rank :D:D

MattCole

PS I WAS FIRST TO VOTE AND POST :D:D oh and Good Luck with this module.
 Darth_ToMeR
08-04-2004, 6:00 PM
Tatooine is the coolest world. put it there.
Edit: How did you get those ranks?
This is the slowest site i ever saw.
 Achilles
08-04-2004, 7:54 PM
Sorry, I had to go with Kashyyyk. Only two merchants and the both kinda suck. Maybe Wookie merchants selling their wares who are tolerant of outsiders because....

Whole lot of opportunities for interesting back stories.
 nacho35
08-04-2004, 8:14 PM
Well Mannan just got Maverick's store mod. I would have to vote Kashykk. I equate that planet to Czerka since you have the uprising in the end.

Maybe have the store on the forest floor somewhere. That would be different.
 Mav
08-04-2004, 8:59 PM
I voted for Tatooine since my mod is already on Manaan and Tatooine has a lot of empty a.k.a. non-used doors where it would be logical to find a shop.
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 9:02 PM
Just to let you guys know, one of the Manaan votes are mine. I'm kinda getting sick of always having to press view results, so now they display automatically. Don't worry, I won't count my own vote. By the way, there are 2 votes there with no comment, come on I'm curious to know why. I didn't know Mav had his on Manann... However Kashyyyk is looking pretty good now too, maybe a Wookiee-Human cooperation.
 T7nowhere
08-04-2004, 9:16 PM
Well it really comes down to the type of mod your doing. Will it be a few stores that sell Custom items. Are you gonna include a quest for the PC? Can you kill NPC's or help any.

Anyway whatever your gonna make I think it should be on Tatooine. The simple reason, there just isn't very many mods on that planet and for some reason there have been alot of mods based on Manaan.
 Darth Dex
08-04-2004, 9:20 PM
Mannan, because it's so big.
 Mav
08-04-2004, 9:22 PM
T7 ^^^^^

Don't worry I'm working on one for Dantooine ;), bummer it will only be avaliable until the place goes boom, but hey it comes with the territory.
 RedHawke
08-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Ok Mono,

I voted Tatooine because it really needs something else there. There are way too many unused doors, and a cool shop with cool stuff is a good and noble thing! :D
 Darth333
08-05-2004, 12:01 AM
I vote for Tatoine too. I think the way the city is built makes it a good place to add a shop. As someone pointed out, there are many doors but most of them are unused. The shops there don't really have great items.
Manaanhas plenty of mods and there is enough to do there.
Korriban: you already find three shops there with very good items plus there is not a lot of place to put a shop: there is only one door ...in front of the Czerka shop (Czerka doesn't like competition - i'm sure of it ).
I think the storyline on kashyyyk makes it less logical to have a shop there: i don't think the shadowlands are a good place for shopping (at least from a woman point of view :p )
And for the unknown world, well although I would love to have a shopping centre on a Beach, it doesn't fit the storyline (i guess this is why you haven't included it :( )...still there are a lot of credits there...
Taris...perhaps Taris but there is already a lot to do there.
 Cerem Darksaber
08-05-2004, 1:26 AM
I say tatooine.
Taris and Manaan are out because they both can become inaccessible in the game.
Kashyyk is a nono because the wookie would probably kill the owners just for being human.
Korriban...eh...I dun see a shop being put up in the middle of the sith capital.
Tatooine, however, has lots of unused space, is easily accessible, and it needs a little life.
 stingerhs
08-05-2004, 1:28 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

I'm also going to say that I need to get my answers within the next couple days, otherwise I will NEVER get to finishing this, cause I haven't actually started the module yet, as I'm at a loss for which one to use, and I still have to read through quite a bit of doom's tutorial. And in 2 weeks I'm back off to high school, and AP classes take up a lot of my time. :p I'll have to take to modding on the weekends, if i have the time then. So you can understand why I'm in a hurry to get this done. On a side note however, I'm taking programming classes this year, maybe I will learn a thing or two about scripting.

AP classes, hmm, sounds like absolute mayhem (from one that took 4 in hs, it sucks, but then again, you probably know that by now, right??). Anyway, i voted for tatioone because it just seems so empty with all the unused doors and spaced out sections. oh well, your mod, your call.
 Mav
08-05-2004, 1:30 AM
I got 4 AP classes this coming year, but they are all pretty much easy..... well except for AP Calc. Anyways, I said it before, but Tatooine is the most logical for the new module/shop
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 1:50 AM
im confused, theres two votes for Korriban, i voted and posted for that, but wheres the other post :confused: please, if your out there, please post, if your not registered then please do, you may have some helpful comments to provide us, thats why i joined, i wanted to help others, and hopefully i've done that, sorry this is off-topic, sort of :p

MattCole
 Jackel
08-05-2004, 5:32 AM
Tattooine , same reasons as everyone else. Has doors already , is pretty bland , needs someone selling unique good stuff.
 Mono_Giganto
08-05-2004, 8:44 AM
Well then, Tatooine it is then. Now I'm gonna have to make good use of Darth333's warping armband, and find a good sized module that would look appropriate there.
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 9:00 AM
Well then, Tatooine it is then. Now I'm gonna have to make good use of Darth333's warping armband, and find a good sized module that would look appropriate there.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :p:p:p

well thats ok :D Good Luck and if you need help ask someone else :p

no im kiddin, if you need any ideas, you know where to contact me

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
08-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Well, after a bit of module surfing, the only one that I think will work for my idea would be the Leviathan bridge. Now I know this doesn't really belong in Tatooine, but since it has an elevator I could probably make some story about it being underground(?). Would make a good reason for an npc to teleport you to the module, he's an elevator operator. :)

So today I'm gonna filter all my stuff out of my override folder, maybe make some new stuff, then I'm gonna work on the skins for various npcs. Tomorrow I'm gonna get started on this module, and hopefully by Monday I'll be finished. (After that I'm pretty much swamped.)
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Well, after a bit of module surfing, the only one that I think will work for my idea would be the Leviathan bridge. Now I know this doesn't really belong in Tatooine, but since it has an elevator I could probably make some story about it being underground(?). Would make a good reason for an npc to teleport you to the module, he's an elevator operator. :)

So today I'm gonna filter all my stuff out of my override folder, maybe make some new stuff, then I'm gonna work on the skins for various npcs. Tomorrow I'm gonna get started on this module, and hopefully by Monday I'll be finished. (After that I'm pretty much swamped.)

well i like the idea, but the Leviathan bridge, is it going to have stars / sand or is it going to be 'boarded' up, i wish you luck on this mod Mono_Giganto

MattCole
 deathdisco
08-05-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure what you're planning, but you could reuse one of the existing rooms on Tatooine. Yuka Laka's(SP?) shop, the cantina, swoop registration shop, Czerka shop, or the hunting lodge. They would fit in with the feel of Tatooine. You could just move the placables around.

Otherwise on the Leviathan you would have to change the view from the windows. You could replace the outer space view with the Tatooine sky and make it an old military installation.
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by deathdisco
I'm not sure what you're planning, but you could reuse one of the existing rooms on Tatooine. Yuka Laka's(SP?) shop, the cantina, swoop registration shop, Czerka shop, or the hunting lodge. They would fit in with the feel of Tatooine. You could just move the placables around.

Otherwise on the Leviathan you would have to change the view from the windows. You could replace the outer space view with the Tatooine sky and make it an old military installation.

i like the idea of an underground facility on Tatooine, Czerha are supposed to be secretive and i think as the've been to Tatooine SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times you would've thought there was a hidden facility somewhere, i like the idea of the underground facillity... (i've already said that) :p im just worried about the 'veiw' from the windows. the rest should fall into place.

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
08-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by deathdisco

Ya, I would use one of those, but I needed something a little bigger. also, I made a mistake, didn't mean the bridge, I'm using the Command Deck or whatever. (The big place right before the bridge. I didn't notice any windos on THAT module at least, I'll look again all the same. But if I do change it, won't the original Leviathan be affected too?

By the way Matt, it's not Czerka, it's MY multimillion credit company. :D
 RedHawke
08-05-2004, 11:04 AM

And that company is... GMoD Inc. Right Mono? :D
 Mono_Giganto
08-05-2004, 11:17 AM
You're good. -_-
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 11:17 AM

if you say so :p good luck with that all the same

MattCole
 stingerhs
08-05-2004, 11:22 AM
sounds like an excellent project. good luck in getting it done, and i'm sure we all are lookin forward to it.
:joy:
 Zappy
08-07-2004, 7:08 AM
Manaan Cuz Its a City Like Place ^.^

Zappy
 EnderWiggin
08-09-2004, 3:28 PM
I am still on vacation, but felt I must say something here.... Mono_Giganto.... You are a great modder, and I am sorry to see you go. I agree with your storyline, and hope that you will be true to your word about surfing HL still......even with High School. I am also looking forward to working with you in TSL.

_EW_
 Achilles
08-09-2004, 3:33 PM
Mono,

FWIW I finished a merchant reference last night that might help you make your decision.

Check out the Tutorials & References link on my website if you're interested.
 Mono_Giganto
08-09-2004, 4:12 PM
:) Glad I'm liked around here.

Thanks Achillies, right now I could use all of the help I can get, heh, aside from HS I got band camp starting tomorrow, anything that can speed up the process is wonderful.
 Achilles
08-09-2004, 4:18 PM
:) Glad I'm liked around here.

Thanks Achillies, right now I could use all of the help I can get, heh, aside from HS I got band camp starting tomorrow, anything that can speed up the process is wonderful.

Well check it out and let me know what you think. If nothing else it will show you which planets aleady have way too many merchants and which items are sold way too many places.
Page: 1 of 1