Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

whats the status on new models?

Page: 1 of 1
 shosey
08-04-2004, 1:34 PM
I've been out of the scene for a while. I was just wondering what how the importing of new models is progressing? I know cchargrin had done a lot of work on it.

TIA :)
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 5:02 PM
Welcome back. :)

If I remember correctly, we can make simple models with gmax, but things that require built in animations, like lightsaber ignition, don't work, and skin mesh as well I believe, so no new armor.
 StormTrooper789
08-04-2004, 5:11 PM
Actually, Mono, we have limited skin mesh support.
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 5:18 PM
Oh really? Hmm didn't know that. But am I rhgt on the equipment we can create, or does that affect something?
 Darth_ToMeR
08-04-2004, 6:25 PM
I know we can make new armors, but still no one did that.
 Mav
08-04-2004, 9:03 PM
I know that svцsh is working on a few awesome new models :), one using skin mesh.....I think
 cchargin
08-04-2004, 9:21 PM
Hello all,

Ok, so here is a quick summary of what I think will and won't work.

will work:
-new or modified items that do not have animations
>swords
>blasters
>grenades
>masks
>datapads and such

Might work:
-modified "body" models (can't do new ones)
>armor
>clothes
>underwear
Note that some body models (i.e. Bastilla clothes) just don't work for some reason. I am still trying to figure out why.

Won't work:
-Anything with animations
>heads
>lightsabers
>creatures
>HK47 and T3-M3
>NPCs (Malak, Calo, etc...)
-Placeables

If you are messing around with models and are in doubt, just PM me.
 shosey
08-07-2004, 1:07 PM
this is awesome, I'd really love to get some new swords or masks in game :)

I'm not a very good artist though :rolleyes:
 rainstiin
11-07-2004, 3:25 PM
I have been lurking on these forums for a while now, and I was about to emerse myself into the world of modding until I saw this post.

I main thing I want to do it make a male head that has long hair, probably in a pony tail, kind of like several of the female models have (or maybe a Qui-Gon Jinn head). Is there no way to safely change an existing pc head in game so that it has long hair?

Obviously it would have to be static in that it would not sway like some of the other long hair models, and probably would need a new skin... would such a thing be possible?

I have never done any 3d modeling before or any modding of any sort. I am trying to learn about things from the helpful postings of tutorials and such... but a lot of things are still 'greek' to me at this point. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
 Xavier2
11-07-2004, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by rainstiin
I main thing I want to do it make a male head that has long hair, probably in a pony tail, kind of like several of the female models have (or maybe a Qui-Gon Jinn head). Is there no way to safely change an existing pc head in game so that it has long hair?

I have never done any 3d modeling before or any modding of any sort. I am trying to learn about things from the helpful postings of tutorials and such... but a lot of things are still 'greek' to me at this point. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
I'm afraid it is probably not possible right now. Look at some of my posts in this thread. There you can find the results of my latest attempt on modeling heads:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134510)

Good luck.:)
 rainstiin
11-07-2004, 6:55 PM
Eep! Scary!

Sigh... I guess my grand plans to mod a pc head are down the drain if experienced modders are having that sort of problem...

I guess I will go back to lurking for a while, as I don't think there is much I can do to help the issues that you all are trying to tackle.
 Xavier2
11-07-2004, 7:19 PM
Eep! Scary!

Sigh... I guess my grand plans to mod a pc head are down the drain if experienced modders are having that sort of problem...

I guess I will go back to lurking for a while, as I don't think there is much I can do to help the issues that you all are trying to tackle.
Oh but there are lots of things you can do to heads despite this little problem. ;)

If you look for Orsan Obi-Wan head (there is a link to his site in Kitty Kitty's thread) you will see that he managed to make a very cool skin for Carths head and it looks like a new model, although it is, in fact, a very detailed painting work.

Please. the purpose for this community is to encourage and help any level of modder. I, for instance, have started only a couple months ago and am doing pretty fine myself. When i started a lot of the things i am able to handle now seemed like chinese to me.

So keep on trying and count on me for any sort of help.

Xavier2:)
 cchargin
11-07-2004, 8:59 PM
Hello,

Ah, but the more people hacking at it and the more people trying things that shouldn't work will build up more info that will help us figure things out (as long as you post your findings of course :) ).

I have never done any 3d modeling before or any modding of any sort.

I never tried cracking a 3D model before coming to this forum and now look what we can do!
 rainstiin
11-08-2004, 6:09 AM
If you look for Orsan Obi-Wan head (there is a link to his site in Kitty Kitty's thread) you will see that he managed to make a very cool skin for Carths head and it looks like a new model, although it is, in fact, a very detailed painting work.

Sigh, I wish I knew russian. world.altavista.com/babelfish helps a little but there is still a lot of stuff on the site I wish I could read.

Though, there is some awesome stuff from what I could tell.
 ChAiNz.2da
11-08-2004, 6:17 AM
Sigh, I wish I knew russian. world.altavista.com/babelfish helps a little but there is still a lot of stuff on the site I wish I could read.
Though, there is some awesome stuff from what I could tell.
Have you tried Google's translator?

http://www.google.com/language_tools)
 Xavier2
11-08-2004, 7:16 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
Have you tried Google's translator?

http://www.google.com/language_tools)
Mark the status bar to be exibited in your screen. That way you will be able to see the link, at the left bottom, as writen in english. I found it to be very helpfull.;)
 wingzro
11-09-2004, 10:25 AM
I made a qui-gon jin head a while back. http://www.pcgamemods.com/6140/)
Page: 1 of 1