Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do the Power Cores do?

Page: 1 of 1
 Hockey_Beast
10-02-2001, 4:03 PM
Do they make your buildings work faster. I know that they activate the shd gen.
 Thrawn
10-02-2001, 4:08 PM
Yes, the powercores enhance your buildings by making them more efficient. :D
 wildthing
10-02-2001, 4:12 PM
Power Cores
Most buildings will work without power, but they work less effectively. Building a powercore (a small tower like object with very few HP) increases the production rate of the building by around 400%. Techs research faster and units create faster. As you can imagine this has enormous strategic impact. You will have a hard time attacking or defending without using powercores to keep pace with your opponent. The drawback is that they are expensive early game (200W) which makes it hard to effectively drop a powercore and do a fast rush build. The low HP of the powercore make them primary targets. Cut his power ---> slow down his unit production ---> go for the kill. The addition of these structures rather dramatically changes how the game plays.

For the complete artical this came from and other info go to Mr. Fixit online. The artical is found at:

http://mrfixitonline.com/readPosting.asp?PostingId=485937)

----------------------------------
I thought I saw a . . .

Wild Thing :thrawn2:
 Hockey_Beast
10-02-2001, 4:16 PM
I was wondering why the buildings work so slow.
 Tie Guy
10-02-2001, 4:20 PM
probably coz you got no power cores :D

really though....
 Dagobahn Eagle
10-02-2001, 6:49 PM
You don't need cores for all buildings, tough, some are initially green, meaning they're self-powered, and some haven't got an indicator at all, meaning they don't require power. The power indicator is a green/red/deactivated light above the structures' stats.

They also make nice, cool targets. I love flying in with Z-95s and blasting all enemy cores to shredds. Really, the flying units are the best in the whole game!

Dagobahn Eagle
Page: 1 of 1