Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

UTC files?

Page: 1 of 1
 Frobby007
08-03-2004, 8:32 PM
what are utc files for in mods?
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 8:38 PM
utc files basically map out an npc/pc's characteristics, if I remember correctly. You can use it in conjunction with a module to make new npcs, or to modify existing npcs.

You have a lot of questions don't you? That's good. :D Be sure to check the tutorials first though.
 beancounter
08-03-2004, 8:39 PM
utc files contain data on a specific creature. It lists out the level, class, abilities and inventory for a NPC or creature. You can edit them using Kotor Tool.
 beancounter
08-03-2004, 8:40 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
utc files basically map out an npc/pc's characteristics, if I remember correctly. You can use it in conjunction with a module to make new npcs, or to modify existing npcs.

You have a lot of questions don't you? That's good. :D Be sure to check the tutorials first though.

Ha - Beat me by a minute.
 Frobby007
08-03-2004, 8:52 PM
oh k, so for instance the jolee.utc of some of my earliar questions just makes its that when he joins he comes with a certain modded weapon of the like. right.
 Frobby007
08-03-2004, 8:53 PM
so in item mods its not required to use the items in the game, its just required so that it shows up on its own instead of cheating. Please tell me if i'm completely wrong.
 Frobby007
08-03-2004, 8:58 PM
also for now i figured out that i can't use the bolting crystal with the other mods becuase of the same files so for now i do with out.
 Darth Dex
08-03-2004, 9:17 PM
I would help, but I'm not sure what your asking sorry.
 Achilles
08-03-2004, 9:36 PM
utc = characters
utd = doors
ute = encounters
uti = items
utp = placeables
utt = triggers
utw = waypoints

Unless you start creating custom areas and stuff, you will probably only need to know about uti, utp, and utc files.
 RedHawke
08-03-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Frobby007
so in item mods its not required to use the items in the game, its just required so that it shows up on its own instead of cheating. Please tell me if i'm completely wrong.

You are correct! :D

In an item mod, the placement of a .utc or .utp file usually is just adding an new modded item to the game from an NPC that joins the party's invantory (A .utc), or a container or corpse in the game (A .utp).

For example in my Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack I included a kor39_utharwynn.utc, this gave Uthar in the game one of my new Sith Sabers to fight with, as well as making it available on his dead body. I did the same with Yuthura and Jorak Uln.

I hope this helps to answer your question! :D
 Frobby007
08-04-2004, 12:13 AM
It does indeed, and it was very helpfull. Thanks to all of you for trying to help me.
 RedHawke
08-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Frobby007
It does indeed, and it was very helpfull. Thanks to all of you for trying to help me.

You are welcome Frobby007! :D

Oh and about the bolting sabres you could try to rename the bolting sabers .mdl and .mdx files by just changing the last digit in the 99 to a 91 and then editing the bolting saber .uti files with KOTOR Tool or a GFF Editor and changing the ModelVariation field from 99 to 91 and then save them, copy those files to your working folder and that should make them compatable with my stuff, and you'll have them usable in your game, which was one of your problems was it not?

I hope this also helps! :D
Page: 1 of 1