Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

compatability problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Frobby007
08-03-2004, 6:46 PM
okay i am trying to make a bunch of mods compatable, and i have all the 2das done but now i have double files. Some of which i figured our just multiples from diffrent mods like teh numerous red hawke mods. But ihave a few that i think may not be doubles but seprate files with the same name. The mods i am combining are : Blade of balance, Recruiting redhawke and yuthura, redhawke item mods (all), kunpack from pcgamemods, bolting crystal, blade of balance, saberpack, jedi council sabers, and sabers & ds equip mods. A lot of these were quite easy since reds upcrystal.2da has pretty much all of them on there. So i moved all of redhawkes booster item pack in to the same folder first includeing revan the white, whihc overwrites some. Then after putting all teh other mods in to the main folder for these mods. i place the reds item folders contents into the main folder(sorry if this is confusing) and i come up with these files.
w_lghtsbr_099.mdl
w_shortsbr_099.mdl
w_lghtsbr_099.mdx
w_shortsbr_099.mdx
iw_lghtsbr_099.tga
iw_shortsbr_099.tga
kor39_utharwhyn.utc
p_jolee.utc
now the reason i don't think they are doubles is becuase the files in the main folder and these files have diffrent sizes. so could somebody please help me. It would be greatly appreciated.
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 6:53 PM
Oh this doesn't make me feel good 6 of those files are mine...

I dunno, has anyone else out there used 99 for their sabers modelvariation? Can't think why you would have 2 files with the same name like that.... Maybe they are just duplicates. Try this:

Remove the files from your main override folder into another folder, then move the ones from your Red's folder into override. Test it and see if you have any problems.
 Frobby007
08-03-2004, 6:59 PM
none of the files are in my override folder as of the moment, i am simply making two folders so i can use it with kmm and not have to worry about compatability problems.
 Frobby007
08-03-2004, 6:59 PM
also all those files came from redhawkes packs. don't know if i specefied this or not.
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 7:01 PM
You will still have to deal with compatibility problems if you get kmm, as far as I know all it does is help you manage your mods. (Very smart move by the way chargin.)
 Achilles
08-03-2004, 7:03 PM
Originally posted by Frobby007
okay i am trying to make a bunch of mods compatable, and i have all the 2das done but now i have double files. Some of which i figured our just multiples from diffrent mods like teh numerous red hawke mods. But ihave a few that i think may not be doubles but seprate files with the same name. The mods i am combining are : Blade of balance, Recruiting redhawke and yuthura, redhawke item mods (all), kunpack from pcgamemods, bolting crystal, blade of balance, saberpack, jedi council sabers, and sabers & ds equip mods. A lot of these were quite easy since reds upcrystal.2da has pretty much all of them on there. So i moved all of redhawkes booster item pack in to the same folder first includeing revan the white, whihc overwrites some. Then after putting all teh other mods in to the main folder for these mods. i place the reds item folders contents into the main folder(sorry if this is confusing) and i come up with these files.
w_lghtsbr_099.mdl
w_shortsbr_099.mdl
w_lghtsbr_099.mdx
w_shortsbr_099.mdx
iw_lghtsbr_099.tga
iw_shortsbr_099.tga
kor39_utharwhyn.utc
p_jolee.utc
now the reason i don't think they are doubles is becuase the files in the main folder and these files have diffrent sizes. so could somebody please help me. It would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think that I used any of these file names in the Jedi Counsel Saber set. I would not be suprised to learn that more than one person used 99 as the modelvar for a lightsaber. If this is the case, you may have your hands full here. You may want to open each of these mods up side-by-side and look for conflicts there. If you don't find any, you're probably safe.
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 7:04 PM
Wait, so those first 6 files, the one that all end in 99, are from RedHawke's mod? There is your problem. Bolting crystal also uses 99 as the model variation. The only way to fix this and use both sabers at once would be for redhawke/myself to edit our files to use a different modelvariation (you could do this also, with a tutorial). I'll PM Redhawke about it, if he doesn't have the time I'll change mine to work for ya.
 Frobby007
08-03-2004, 7:04 PM
well thanks anyways.
Page: 1 of 1