Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

patch trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 zag
08-03-2004, 5:23 PM
in my map i noticed when i hit duck and walk up to it and then stand up i can actually go right through the brush
is there a way to stop this?
i tried using the -patchmeta option but this didnt seem to work and it seemed to screw up all my hint/clip/areaportal brushes
is this right?(batch)
@echo off
@"c:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2" -v -game ja -fs_basepath "D:/JAEDIT/GameData/" -meta -patchmeta %1
@echo done!
@pause

maybe the paths are wrong i used one of wades batches as a base for it
 Shadow_stone
08-03-2004, 5:38 PM
just put a clip brush before the patch to prevent that from happening
 zag
08-03-2004, 5:41 PM
you mean on all patches in the map?theres loads and some are all archy is there another way?
 Shadow_stone
08-04-2004, 9:55 AM
only to the patches where it curves at height above the ground where the player can crouch and then go up, (its a bug in the game)
 zag
08-05-2004, 1:12 PM
what if the player has a jetpack?they can then duck and get into the higher ones
 lauser
08-05-2004, 3:36 PM
Originally posted by zag
in my map i noticed when i hit duck and walk up to it and then stand up i can actually go right through the brush
is there a way to stop this?
i tried using the -patchmeta option but this didnt seem to work and it seemed to screw up all my hint/clip/areaportal brushes
is this right?(batch)

maybe the paths are wrong i used one of wades batches as a base for it

Check the texture you are using. Try another texture and see if that happens.
 zag
08-06-2004, 3:59 PM
atm it happens to ALL patches regardless of texture..but i found a fix, turn the patches into .ase models and then autoclip them
its risky but it seems to of worked
the smalller curves im too scared to auto clip so i just roughly manually slip those
it seems to work fine so far..
Page: 1 of 1