Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modders Hall of Fame

Page: 1 of 2
 Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 1:20 AM
I would like to open up a thread that praises the modders that have brought us the great mods we have today, if there is anyone you would like to put up please post 'em.

.:HALL OF FAME:.

T7nowhere
Darth333
KittyKitty
Mono_Giganto
cchargin
Colja
tk102
StormTrooper789
Fred Tetra
lil'Jawa
Prime
Talchia
Andargor
Gsccc
Gameunlimited
svosh
Sephiro
Doom_Dealer
RedHawk
Roboius
 Achilles
08-03-2004, 1:48 AM
Originally posted by Gsccc
I would like to open up a thread that praises the modders that have brought us the great mods we have today, if there is anyone you would like to put up please post 'em.

The Modders I like the best
T7Nowhere
Darth333

Fred Tetra - KotOR Tool
Roboius - GFF Editor
Tk102 - More tools than I can remember all at once
Talchia - Padawan Mod...the one that made me fall in love all over again =)
 T7nowhere
08-03-2004, 2:08 AM
Here is who I would add :)

Fred Tetra KT (Kotor Tool) This made it easy to explor KotOR's files

tk102 For all of these http://www.pcgamemods.com/u/3450/)

Lil'Jawa For his DARTH REVAN REINCARNATE Mod. Which made me want to attempt to make something.

Talchia: For inovation and showing us all what could be done.

Kitty Kitty: For being the most most helpfull user( when she was here ;) )

Andargor : Holowan CloakWorks, Holowan Extradimensional Emporium.

svцsh: For his super fantastic, Professional reskins. That set a new standard of quality for KotOR reskins.
 Mav
08-03-2004, 2:57 AM
^^^^

I agree with all of the above

to add:

Seprithro: Set impossibly high standards for lightsaber creation

Doom_Dealer: Created several mods including the Holowan Spire, which everyone has to like, and for making a easy to understand module tutorial, if only I knew how to make my own scripts then I could really do something.

RedHawke: Has been the most helpful modder to me, although I have observed that Darth333 has to be one of the most helpful modders overall, and unfortunately I haven't really known Kitty Kitty. Anyway RedHawke has made several items/item packs, gave invaluble help with the Lightsaber Pack, and made an incredible recruitment mod.
 messkell
08-03-2004, 5:33 AM
add Gameunlimited. If my swissed cheese brain serves me well, he started the recruitable npcs frenzy on this forum with his recruitable yuthara mod :)
 Yoko
08-03-2004, 5:50 AM
Requesting Stuck, or requesting to be a stickie. However you do that:D
 Tento_spear
08-03-2004, 5:56 AM
Hows about we add good old GSCCC....................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Yoko
08-03-2004, 6:02 AM
Tento, you are a nerfed little antichrist who is probably going to abandon his plans for world domination when he reaches 30.

As for the adding Gsccc, that is a good idea, Gsccc, you will be famous once you release this ROTS mod, that's got to be at least one reason. You are attempting something HUGE, yea i think that would be a good idea, plus it would really show up Tento_spear.:D
 Darth Dex
08-03-2004, 7:34 AM
I think yyou should add me because of my great mods....just kidding. Yeah, we need to add Fred Tera. TK102. And maybe Tento_spear for the most self-center dumb@$$ that ever posted on these forums. T7Nowhere please ban this jerk.
 Glamador
08-03-2004, 12:05 PM
wats the darth revan reincarnate mod?
 Colja
08-03-2004, 12:23 PM
guess I won't be missed after all.........:(
 Darth Dex
08-03-2004, 12:24 PM
What do you mean Colja? Your up there. I mean You made tons of great skins. Oh wait your not hey GCSSS put Colja up there!
 Colja
08-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks dex, just feelin sorry for myself really. I mean I have been around for quite a while and I do have almost 25 mods up for DL at PCGM. I am not happy with alot of my old stuff, but hey there was a learning curve, and at least I tried.
 Darth333
08-03-2004, 1:02 PM
Your name should definitely be added Colja. Your reskins are excellent and are among the most originals :)

cchargin should also be added for his great work on the model format and the mod manager.
 Darth Dex
08-03-2004, 1:32 PM
lol, at this rate everybody that ever posted in the forums shall be addded. Just Kidding.
 Achilles
08-03-2004, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
lol, at this rate everybody that ever posted in the forums shall be addded. Just Kidding.

I'd like to nominate Darth Dex due to his having posted in the forum....

:D
 nacho35
08-03-2004, 2:30 PM
For me, it is :

Redhawke
T7
Talchia (revived my interest as well)
Mav and the lightsaber team
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 2:53 PM
Me!!!! Cause I figured out... something... Ok forget me add Prime. :)
 Colma Adawin
08-03-2004, 2:55 PM
for me, its EVERYONE who even attempts and / or succeds in Modding, i know this is a sad comment but EVERYONE has there own talents and only a few :p are willing to spend THEIR PERSONAL time in creating a better XP for other KotOR players, you guys, and thats ALL of you, from me, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D:D:D

MattCole
 Achilles
08-03-2004, 3:51 PM
Gsccc,

Could you please use something other than red for the main post? I hate to sound like a baby, but I'm having a really hard time reading that list.

Feel free to tell me to shut up now =)
 Mav
08-03-2004, 3:52 PM
I'm looking at the list right now and if you add Colja and all of his great re-skins, then I think that about sums it up, after all this is a "Hall of Fame" list not a "List of Modders", to me you can't just add everyone there...lol
 Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 4:16 PM
I havnt been on for a while so i was unable to add Colja at the exact time you wanted me to so EVERYBODY JUST SETTLE DOWN AND HAVE SOME COFFEE. as for yoko I agree on the stuck thing but i dont deserve hall of fame.
 Darth Dex
08-03-2004, 4:25 PM
Pleae! GCSSS you should be on it for the ROS Mod.
 Yoko
08-03-2004, 4:31 PM
He is right Gsccc, you have worked hard, i mean worked till 3 in the morning hard to help the people out with this really cool mod of yours. I cant wait till you release Endor, they will love it. Put yourself on. Doesnt everyone agree?
 Darth Dex
08-03-2004, 5:25 PM
I do, but thats been stated. Yah, finally I can go home!
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 5:27 PM
That list just about sums it up, but yes, you should add yourself, and I already said this, but add Prime too, he's always been really helpful around here. (Nice reskins too)
 Achilles
08-03-2004, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
I'm looking at the list right now and if you add Colja and all of his great re-skins, then I think that about sums it up, after all this is a "Hall of Fame" list not a "List of Modders", to me you can't just add everyone there...lol

Agreed!
 *Atris*
08-03-2004, 6:33 PM
and darthstraker for his SithArmarda
 Darth Dex
08-03-2004, 9:22 PM
Yeah, guess you should, but thats alot of modders.
 T7nowhere
08-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Perhaps The list should be reduced to a TOP 10 Of KotOR modders and each person could be chosen On Contributions made to the community such as Tools made to aid modders, Technical information on how to make mods, helpfullness in forum, number of mods made and complexity of those mods.

I considered making this stuck but to be honest we have enough stuck threads at the moment. if we keep sticking threads thats all the entire first page will be.
 RedHawke
08-03-2004, 11:20 PM
^^^^
I agree T7, almost too many stuck threads now.

How about a llink in one of the more apropriate stickies to this thread?

That sounds better to me, for what it's worth. :D
 Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 11:55 PM
Or how about this, we replace the Dialogue + Module creation tutorial since it is already in the Do you want to start modding kotor start here tutorials. What do you think, it makes sence right?? It wouldnt add to the long list of stickies.
 Achilles
08-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Can I vote for no more stickies? Noobs don't read them as is. Why compound the problem by adding more?

my 2 cents.
 Mav
08-04-2004, 12:40 AM
If I'm being honest I really dont see a need to have this thread as a "stuck" thread, stuck threads are supposed to be helpful or very informative, and I don't see this as very much of either. Although it may lead to the best examples of good mods or the best people to ask for help, I think that this deserves a link to from a sticky thread, but not to be stuck on its own.

thats my 2 cents :D
 Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 1:51 AM
I simply wanted to honor the poeple who made significant modding contributions to our modding comunity. Is that a bad thing? I dont understand why you dont find this relevant? We dont have to make it a sticky but i do believe it was needed.
 Mav
08-04-2004, 2:20 AM
Personally I think the great modders are remembered through there mods and tools and not because of a list, I do agree that it is a nice list to have I just don't think it is right for a sticky, thats all.
 Achilles
08-04-2004, 3:08 AM
Personally I think the great modders are remembered through there mods and tools and not because of a list, I do agree that it is a nice list to have I just don't think it is right for a sticky, thats all.

Agreed
 Mav
08-04-2004, 3:18 AM
I'm glad that you see my point Achillies
 FiEND_138
08-04-2004, 3:23 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
for me, its EVERYONE who even attempts and / or succeds in Modding, i know this is a sad comment but EVERYONE has there own talents and only a few :p are willing to spend THEIR PERSONAL time in creating a better XP for other KotOR players, you guys, and thats ALL of you, from me, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D:D:D

MattCole

My thoughts as well. It's all you guys who've kept giving this game longevity for me & the others who are too inept to mod. So Thanx. :shadow

I'd like to nominate someone if it's allowed, or if s/he hasn't been mentioned yet...

Nequam<sp?> for his excellent robes, weapons mods, & player reskins.
 RedHawke
08-04-2004, 3:23 AM
I'm glad that you see my point Achillies

Oh... Oh... I agree too Mav! :D

What were we talking about again?
 Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 3:46 AM
You guys are making me feel like a jerk for bringing up this post! When i did make this post i didnt think anyone would go all nuts on me and do a movie star type line, "modders are remembered by the mods everyone lives happily ever after" come on. I know that when i came to these forums a LONG time ago I had no idea who KittyKitty was and i still dont know who the heck Colja is or what he did. And n00bs who come in probably wont either, is it too much that i wanted to honor some of the people who made me want to mod???!!?!? Can I not have that in pease!?!?!? I already said it didnt have to be a sticky and i GET the fact that yolu all agree so get off my BACK already!!!!!!!

:cry8: :cry8: :cry8: :cry8: :cry8: :cry8: :cry8: :cry8: :cry8: :cry8:
 Achilles
08-04-2004, 3:52 AM
Originally posted by Gsccc
You guys are making me feel like a jerk for bringing up this post! When i did make this post i didnt think anyone would go all nuts on me and do a movie star type line, "modders are remembered by the mods everyone lives happily ever after" come on. I know that when i came to these forums a LONG time ago I had no idea who KittyKitty was and i still dont know who the heck Colja is or what he did. And n00bs who come in probably wont either, is it too much that i wanted to honor some of the people who made me want to mod???!!?!? Can I not have that in pease!?!?!? I already said it didnt have to be a sticky and i GET the fact that yolu all agree so get off my BACK already!!!!!!!

Is it really late where you are? Maybe some sleep would help :D

No one's attacking you. Some people made some comments regarding whether or not this thread needed to be a sticky but to the best of my knowledge, no one here has launched a personal attack against you. So take some deep breaths and relax. Nice work on the thread, man.
 Tento_spear
08-04-2004, 3:52 AM
Well Gsccc looks like i didnt have to deliver the final blow, you did it yourself. Now they're going to ban your sorry ass. Well, it was not nice knowing you. This is soo perfect what a perfect end to my day.

Dont you just hate it when the bad guy wins. I dont.
 Tento_spear
08-04-2004, 3:54 AM
Originally posted by Tento_spear
Well Gsccc looks like i didnt have to deliver the final blow, you did it yourself. Now they're going to ban your sorry ass. Well, it was not nice knowing you. This is soo perfect what a perfect end to my day.

This is so fun
 Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 3:59 AM
This is so fun
Are you so much of a loser you cant tell when you've won?
You've won Tento, go get a drink or something.

BTW it is 12:51 am over here after like 9 scotches if that IS the plurall i cant even spell. BUt yea 12:51 after slaving my ass off to get this dipshnike mod out. *gargle gargle gargle*

*collapses*
 Jackel
08-04-2004, 6:01 AM
This is so fun
Wow your such a .. loser , you dont come here to mod , you dont come to ask about mods , you came to just complain becuase someone is making a mod. I bet for fun offline you look at all the poeple out in the world that are doing stuff anf pretend they like you. You really should just leave and get on with your life away from your computer because frankly you dont seem to have one online at all.
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 9:07 AM

Actually, YOU are more likely to get banned than him. Leave him alone. What kind of problem do you have against him?

Personally, I don't think you deserve access to a computer. Go get up and read a book, and leave us all alone.
 Darth Dex
08-04-2004, 9:10 AM
I agreee with Mono_ginagato
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 9:30 AM
LoL you spelled my name wrong. Just put Mono if you're not sure. :p And I'll bet you a box of donuts that he is banned before his next 4 posts. :)
 Colja
08-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Dag you guys, I am sorry I ever said anything. This is JUST A LIST! There is no reason to get bent out of shape over such a thing. I am sorry Gsccc this much trouble has come from a tribute. The ONLY reason I even said anything is because I spent many months and long hours making mods for THE COMMUNITY, I released everything I ever made to try and just maybe enhance someone elses game. I feel like an A-hole for even saying anything, but yes I did want a little recognition before I faded into the sunset and its just not worth it. Those of you who have been supportive, thanks, and those little dark jedi runnin around the forums spamin'....you will be my slaves in the afterlife.........

BTW Gsccc Try one of my mods.....heck you might even like it.
Page: 1 of 2