Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need some help (I'm new at this ^_^;;)

Page: 1 of 1
 Woraug
08-02-2004, 5:15 PM
I'm new to the world of Kotor, so can someone give me a site that has some custom player models. Also, if anyone can give me a tool for creating custom lightsabers. I'd be very grateful. :)
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 5:21 PM
While I admire your enthusiasm, I must tell you we have not yet figured out how to do custom player models, somthing to do with the animations format. As for custom lightsabers, I am also doing custom items in my Reign of the sith mod, I use 3dsMax, or GMax would work too. Check Guide to the newbie, and So you want to start modding kotor click here,(We shouldnt have to tell you to look at the stickies that should be the first thing you do when you get here)
 Mav
08-02-2004, 5:23 PM
You can re-texture and change properties of lightsabers, but you can't make new models and put them in the game because the lightsaber model has animations i.e. igniting the saber, so we can't put it in the game..............yet
 Woraug
08-02-2004, 5:27 PM
Ah, yes. I should have looked at the stickies >_< I feel kinda stupid now, as I'v bashed countless newbies on other boards for not doing so.

As for the lightsaber, I was meaning different colors. Colorer other than what avalible in-game. Or maybe making it glow more, be longer, ect...

I thank you guys for your help ^_^
 Achilles
08-02-2004, 6:24 PM
Originally posted by Woraug
Ah, yes. I should have looked at the stickies >_< I feel kinda stupid now, as I'v bashed countless newbies on other boards for not doing so.

As for the lightsaber, I was meaning different colors. Colorer other than what avalible in-game. Or maybe making it glow more, be longer, ect...

I thank you guys for your help ^_^

Here's the list of things that we've been able to accomplish thus far:

We can add custom attributes
We can make custom colors
We can use the model that exists in-game (Malak's lightsaber) to make longer lightsabers.

Everything else involves new models and new animations, which we can't do yet =(

I hope this helps.
Page: 1 of 1