Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can anyone please try to make a remote droid for MP?

Page: 1 of 1
 SMoKE
08-01-2004, 8:37 PM
I'm making a yavin map, and then I need a remote droid NPC that can be used in MP. But I haven't seen one yet. When I try to spawn them in MP, it appears an error: Error: .MD3 NPCs are NOT supported in MP. And then I thought: Maybe someone could convert the original .md3 to a .glm. Or maybe someone just could have made one. If someone could do anything of this, I would have been VERY happy.
 EvilJedi
08-02-2004, 9:46 PM
use that same remote droid (it's bigger) that appears in THE REAL JEDI ACADEMY V1. If raven used it, that probably means that they didn't want to take time to put it in themselves, and therefore you should probably follow their example.

I think this is the Interogator droid but it has a gun instead. Not sure, just check out that map, you'll see what I mean.
 snife
08-21-2004, 2:14 PM
i cant find the remote in the real academy v1
i have it,
but i cant find anything in the pk3.
 alexx
08-21-2004, 4:15 PM
you can convert MD3 to GLM with MD3View, it comes with Radiant.

alexx

PS : if you find how make a remote droid, tell me how :D
 JkRaVeN
10-01-2004, 8:56 PM
I made The Real Jedi Academy not Raven Software and I used the NPC_Droid_Sentry =)
 EvilJedi
10-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Oh heh sorry, your name is so much like Raven Software.... Oh well....

But thanks, It will probably help many of us.
 snife
10-09-2004, 1:21 PM
lol thougt that!
but what i know is that u have to add a new remote in the source :(
and probably would that make it client side and the only mod that i know that is client side is Forcemod.
And i cant find anyone who doesnt want a RemoteDroid in MP :P
Also (im not a real coder) i think its kinda hard to make a new remotedroid that actualy works in MP.

and by the way sorry for my bad english lol
Page: 1 of 1