Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

English dialog.tlk

Page: 1 of 1
 Tanesh
08-01-2004, 7:00 PM
I've almost finished my very first mod. But it's in German and I want to translate it into English so I can share it with you guys. ;) For I don't know how close the German version is to the original, I want the English dialog.tlk file. I don't want to make a translation with the result that the new dialog lines don't match exactly with the original ones etc. So please, is there a kind person who can send me this dialog.tlk? :)
 Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 7:16 PM
Are you sure that using the English TLK file will solve this problem?
 *Atris*
08-01-2004, 7:16 PM
http://www.pcgamemods.com/6428/)

here you are just for you

arent you special:D
 Achilles
08-01-2004, 7:29 PM
Originally posted by lowiej
http://www.pcgamemods.com/6428/)

here you are just for you

arent you special:D

I don't know how everyone else feels, but I'm a little put off that you used PCGM's to share a file with someone. The idea is that you can go to the site and download mods (or tools for mods). I may have missed something but it just seems wrong to upload a file for one person. You could have easily used winrar to make several small archives and then emailed it. That's all I have to say about that.

*Stepping off my soapbox*
 Tanesh
08-01-2004, 7:59 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Are you sure that using the English TLK file will solve this problem?

Umm, yes. :D I've already heard from some guys that they used the English game with a German dialog.tlk to have German subtitles. And all of the non-modded dialog files I saw only use the references from the dialog.tlk file. I only have to exchange the German with the English one and *tadaaa* I have English lines. Oh, and I've just tested it. ;) Works wonderful. Thank you, lowiej. :)

@Achillies: I don't think lowiej wanted to offend anyone by posting this on pcgamemods. Of course I'd also have accepted an e-mail, but it's already done now. Isn't there the possibility to delete this file again? And there's of course a small chance that another one could want this file for translations. I've already recognised some differences between the two language versions, so it could be helpful.
 *Atris*
08-02-2004, 6:35 AM
@Achillies

Ive left it up for any one to use, its been downloaded nine times so i dont see a problem
 Achilles
08-02-2004, 12:38 PM
@Achillies

Ive left it up for any one to use, its been downloaded nine times so i dont see a problem

Probably because people think it's a new mod, but whatever.
 *Atris*
08-02-2004, 6:33 PM
it clearly says english dlg tlk file suplied with kotor
 Achilles
08-02-2004, 6:46 PM
it clearly says english dlg tlk file suplied with kotor

[placate]Yep, it sure does. [\placate]
 Mono_Giganto
08-02-2004, 8:00 PM
lol just ask Kengo to delete it if it's a problem.
Page: 1 of 1