Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Patch Mesh Woes

Page: 1 of 1
 Usurpo
08-01-2004, 6:04 PM
Hey guys, Usurpo here with yet another screwy error. This time, it involves a patch mesh. I tried creating one out of a brush, but it just turns red! No texture! I tried inverting it, but the red just went away! If I de-seclect it and try to re-seclect it, it won't show. What am I doing wrong, and how can I create a successful path mesh?

UPDATE: Not unly patch meshes, but any kind of curves! Eek!
 WadeV1589
08-01-2004, 6:16 PM
shift+s instead of just S to texture and modify the texture of a patch.
 Usurpo
08-01-2004, 7:10 PM
Tried it, mate. Not working...Its not just a patch mesh, but any curves!
 WadeV1589
08-01-2004, 8:56 PM
screenshot of the problem please and screenshot of when you make a patch (or curve being the same thing) and press shift+s.

the amount of times i've heard ppl say there's a problem when there isn't about patches is amazing.
 Usurpo
08-01-2004, 9:33 PM
Where can I upload a screenshot? And as I said, its not just Patch Meshes. Cylinders also are frizing on me...I try to open a new map and create a cylinder out of a 52x52x52 cube, it turns into a red cylinder. No texture. When I click elsewhere to unselect it then try to re-select it, it doesn't work.
 Lil Killa
08-01-2004, 11:56 PM
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=image+hosting)

The first one, photobucket, seems to be widely used.
 Usurpo
08-02-2004, 12:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/Tsuto/Error_screenshot.bmp)

That shows me making a 52x52x52 square and texturing it with the first texture under 'Bounty'. I then hit 'Cylinder' under the curves option, and that is what I got. As soon as I clicked my mouse (see location on pic) the cylinder dissapeared, and could not be re-selected.
 Lil Killa
08-02-2004, 1:36 AM
You didn't post this at PcGamemods forums under a different name did you?

i cant make curves he just delets them wen i deselct it

make a curve and deselect it. Then press ctrl+p and see if it reapears :)

sounds alot like what is hapening here...
 Usurpo
08-02-2004, 1:46 AM
Nope. I havn't, nor have I checked there...I will give it a try. :)
 WadeV1589
08-02-2004, 5:40 AM
Have you got patch meshes set to be invisible, I know you said you can re-select or I think I know you said but go into the View menu and check.

If you're having major problems re-selecting visible meshes then totally uninstall and re-install Radiant. I have had that problem before and I never found out how to fix it, but a clean install got it working again.
 Usurpo
08-02-2004, 4:10 PM
Wadya know, LiLKilla was right! Its the dreaded CTRL+P ... thing. Thanks for all the help, guys, I really appreciate it.
 Lil Killa
08-02-2004, 8:25 PM
ctrl+p is the shortcut for hiding/showing patches.
 EvilJedi
08-02-2004, 9:43 PM
Many peoples have that problem. I had it with models, every time I hear a problem like this I say "You filtered it out so it doesn't show.." sadly. LK beat me to it :P
 Lil Killa
08-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by EvilJedi
Many peoples have that problem. I had it with models, every time I hear a problem like this I say "You filtered it out so it doesn't show.." sadly. LK beat me to it :P

about a month after I started mapping I learned how to use detail brushes and I loaded my map up to find half of the brushes MISSING! I totally freaked out until I went on a forum and found out I had filtered them out ^_^"
 lauser
08-03-2004, 3:54 AM
Filter is actually a fantastic tool. Especially when you get into the more complex maps with lots of terrain and models. You made a func_breakable out of a corner piece of wall or maybe a piece of rock? Filter entities...now you can texture the caulked area without moving the breakable entity. That goes for ANY entity. :D
 EvilJedi
08-03-2004, 1:32 PM
And my map is so big it's lagging Radiant, it's sooooo slow. I just filtered entities, models and lights and now it's like before. It is a fantastic tool.
 zag
08-03-2004, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by lauser
Filter is actually a fantastic tool. Especially when you get into the more complex maps with lots of terrain and models. You made a func_breakable out of a corner piece of wall or maybe a piece of rock? Filter entities...now you can texture the caulked area without moving the breakable entity. That goes for ANY entity. :D

i use H
H=hide:D
 WadeV1589
08-04-2004, 1:27 PM
Originally posted by EvilJedi
And my map is so big it's lagging Radiant, it's sooooo slow. I just filtered entities, models and lights and now it's like before. It is a fantastic tool.

You have cubic clipping turned on right?
 lauser
08-04-2004, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by zag
i use H
H=hide:D

Yeah I don't recommend this function. If you forget what you've hidden it can become a problem. Besides you have to physically select an item to hide it. If you are doing something in the immediate vicinity then yes, otherwise I don't find it very useful.
Page: 1 of 1