Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So, Full Throttle!

Page: 1 of 1
 Alia
08-01-2004, 2:57 AM
Wait wait wait wait. No, the thread does not need to be moved. I don't think so, anyway.

Yeah, so. I was playing the excellent game Full Throttle when I noticed that the music during Malcom Corley's funeral is almost exactly the same as when Manny reads Sanspoof's memorial. (You know, the haunting and beautiful melody that can be found here (http://www.scummbar.com/mi2/GRIM2-CD1/53%20-%20Sanspoof.mp3), in its GF reincarnation.) I think it also plays when he looks at the race finish picture.

I subsequently thought about it WAY too much. What does it mean? Were they lazy and reused old background music? Is it some sort of aural easter egg? Has anyone ever posted this topic before? Because I'd feel dumb if that were the case.

Uh, yeah.
 VampireNaomi
08-01-2004, 3:56 AM
I think I once read that the theme IS the same. It was in some easter egg section or something. I think you can also see some kind of Full Throttle related logo (Corley Motors, maybe?) in Grim Fandango.
 AdventureLover
08-01-2004, 9:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that Corley Motors logo was on a poster in Toto's tattoo parlor.
 JofaGuht
08-02-2004, 1:37 AM
Yes, it is the same. They updated it a little, I believe it's just a little homage.
Page: 1 of 1