Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Easygen terrain and shader problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Patrick_H
07-31-2004, 6:16 PM
Hi all! Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I have made a good looking piece of terrain in Easygen, blending 3 textures around on it. I successfully exported everything according to rgoer's excellent tutorial and pasted the terrain into a MP map "caulked box" to see it in-game.

Here's where I am confused. The new terrain and all its alpha map blends, etc. look great when using "devmap" in SP mode, but in MP mode the console lists errors reading the shader definitions for the terrain, saying there is no lightmap, and so the terrain appears there with no textures- only the default grid.

On a side note, whenever I startup the JA MP application, the menus are all messed up, and a peek at the console reveals that some wrong shaders were read that control the appearance of the menus. I am wondering if these problems are related. It seems a reinstall of JA did no good, as it seems like maybe the Radiant install is screwing around with the shaders. What's up?
 lauser
08-01-2004, 1:01 AM
Hehehe..not at all Patrick, it was either your NEW shader that you just made or another custom MAP and/or MOD you recently downloaded. So NO, a REinstall would not fix the problem. Did you use Q3map2 to compile the map? If not, you should have. Have a look at the shader code again.
 Patrick_H
08-01-2004, 2:39 PM
OK, well I cleaned up a lot of extra junk in my /base directory- that seemed to fix the MP menu fiasco. But I still couldn't get my alpha blended terrain to show up. So I finally made a new .pk3 and put everything back in it, and so it finally works now. I guess I should always keep stuff in an uncluttered .pk3 while I work. I think the game was reading some other shader (damned if I'll ever know which). Thanks anyway!
 WadeV1589
08-01-2004, 3:08 PM
Before you made the pk3, you did remember to do sv_pure 0 in MP so it read files that weren't in PK3's right?
Page: 1 of 1