Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New kotor modding website (specialized in tutorials)

Page: 1 of 1
 x8c4
07-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Hello to everyone,

I’m making with a friend a kotor modding website. I want this website to be a big tutorial bank, where you could learn everything about modding from the beginning to the newest things that are discovered everyday. In order to do the best site possible, I wanted to know if I had the authorisation to host (or make links to) already written tutorials, present the mods and tools you’ve made, make links to your pages, etc.

We launch this Website because a few days ago, I thought I discovered something new, but some of you had discovered it a long time before me, and I fear that the problem of a modding forum is the lose of transmission of knowledge. That’s why we are making this website : to have a ‘bible’ for the modders, where every question answered will be presented. I think with that site, we can all gain time.

So, are you interested in ?
 TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Sounds good.
I don't think there's a problem as long as you give proper credit. :)

It might be better if you simply linked to the tutorials here instead of copying them though. Anyway, good idea!

:darthx
 PrtyLizardJedi
07-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Definetly man!
I've made already a Retexturing tutorial, covering the basics. Doom_Dealer made a Module Editing tutorial.
At least Achillies and Darth333 have made walktroughs.
You have to ask for permission from the makers for putting the tutorial and walktroughs on the site.
 Achilles
07-29-2004, 2:20 PM
Please feel free to use anything that I've made. I wrote these with the intention of helping newbies, so I would very much like to see them put to use. I'm pretty sure that I still have the MS Word versions if you're interested in posting those as well.

How to Make a Lightsaber
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129450)

How to Edit Items Using GFF Editor
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130491)

How to Edit Items Using KotOR Tool
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132253)

Please let me know if there's anything else you need. Gool luck with your website.
 Prime
07-29-2004, 2:34 PM
Also have a look in the "how to get started" sticky thread. That might give an idea of what has been done so far and who has done what.
 Mav
07-29-2004, 3:54 PM
I've only written one tutorial so far, it covers how to make a lightsaber upgradeable, you can use it if you want I really don't care seeing as it is there to help people :)
 PrtyLizardJedi
07-30-2004, 5:11 AM
I think more tutorials should be made in a document form so pictures can be included. this helps a lot
 Mav
07-30-2004, 5:31 AM
If I have free time I suppose I could take my lone tutorial and turn it into a word document, but that would take up a lot of time, but if I do (fairly unlikely) I'll post it somewhere or something.
Page: 1 of 1