Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

'97 JC Penny 12" Electronic Ben vs Vader

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
07-27-2004, 2:12 PM
I got this a few years ago for $20 at KB Toys but never took it out of it's box. Until yesterday that is. I needed to make some room and am glad I finally took these guys out of their box.

They're awesome! Vader is so wussy looking (it's like the original 12" vader from '96 that is way too small and his armor sucks) but his lines more than make up for it. He says better stuff than the '98 14" Vader.

He says -

-I find your lack of faith disturbing
-I sense something. A presence I haven't felt since....
-Obi-Wan is here. The Force is with him. I must face him alone.
-I have been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner now I am the master.

Obi is cool too but doesn't have as cool of lines. He says -

-We'd better get indoors. Sandpeople are easily startled but they'll soon be back and in greater numbers.
-You can't win Darth. If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
-Mos Eisely Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
-The Force will be with you. Always.
 daring dueler
07-27-2004, 5:23 PM
Thats cool....i never got into 12" ( as you know) until like last year, when i had more money.
 ZBomber
07-28-2004, 9:10 PM
Jesus Christ, so many threads. :p

Yeh, thats pretty nifty. (Haha, JC Penny ;)
Why was it at KB though?)
 Katarn07
07-28-2004, 10:49 PM
KB used to get (and still might) overstocked stuff from people and sold it for less. Apparently, JC Penny got too many.
 daring dueler
07-30-2004, 8:05 PM
KB is kinda bankrupt arnt they? at leats bankrupt protection i think they filed for...?
two around me have closed up.
 Katarn07
07-30-2004, 9:31 PM
They're not doing too well at the moment I've heard. FAO is doing alot worse though.
 ZBomber
07-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
KB is kinda bankrupt arnt they? at leats bankrupt protection i think they filed for...?
two around me have closed up.

Whoa, BOTH of them closed?!
 daring dueler
07-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Yeah, fao is worse off, i dont think the boston closed yet, the san francisco one did, that piossed me off.
And no z, the aurborn mall kb didnt, but greendal did, and another one farther away.
 Katarn07
07-31-2004, 1:22 PM
I had an FAO at a local mall but that closed years ago. The one in Chicago closed up a few years ago. :(

I have two KB's both 15 minutes away from me and I know where a few others are that I may visit if I'm going on longer journeys or even visiting some relatives in Wisconsin. Cheese heads don't get SW toys :p
 dark jedi 8
07-31-2004, 2:11 PM
the only 12" i got is the old anakin (that came with the vader book). the FAO in indianapolis is closed too, i went to the mall when i was down their for C2, looking to get the shuttle and the bastards closed up. BTW does anyone know if KB or anyone else still has the shuttle?
 daring dueler
08-04-2004, 9:09 PM
I did what was wise, got it offline, thats the way to go.(the shuttle that is)

yah...and congrats on nomar katarn...i dont care hes gone.
 Katarn07
08-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
yah...and congrats on nomar katarn...i dont care hes gone.

Really? You shoulda just seen what the Cubs did. They went through the entire batting order in the 2nd inning and he actually got a run in by getting it down the gap. Sweet! Glad you don't care.
 daring dueler
08-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Yeah, to be honest i really dont. And surpirsingly, i wasnt even shocked when i heard about the trade, damn "injuries" hes had....o well, we got good years outa him.
 dark jedi 8
08-06-2004, 6:58 PM
red sox and cubs just seem to get screwed every year. those damn yankees, and i'm not to fond of the cardinals seeing as how they kinda baught their team like the yankees do, and like the 97 marlins. (i'm a big baseball fan and couldn't miss an oppertunity to rant about the yankees)

anyway back to topic, which is...?:confused:
 daring dueler
08-06-2004, 7:06 PM
yeah...yankees suck..

oh yes subject ummmm. ben vs. vader eh?
 dark jedi 8
08-06-2004, 7:36 PM
i think obi wan would win..

EDIT: err, wait, i guess vader already did?
 ZBomber
08-06-2004, 8:28 PM
Yes, supposedly Nomar got those injuries from soccer. But of course, he denies that.

You can have that lieing piece of crap. :p He's been in a slump. Who cares if he got a hit? The Shortstop we got hit a homer his first time batting with the Sox. :D
 daring dueler
08-06-2004, 11:14 PM
ofcourse nomar is lying, hes a dirty cub! (jk...or am i?)
 Katarn07
08-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Mhmm. Cards suck too. No doubt about that. They annoy me so much.

So we have an injury prone player? Doesn't matter to me. Wood's been out for a long time, Sosa was out for quite a long time, Prior was out and is back out again.... We ain't doing that bad with our top players have been missing for such a long time (although we do have an excellent pitching staff and Alou and Lee together do what Sammy can do alone sometimes).

Yup, but techincally, Obi Wan one because he became more powerful than Vader could possibly imagine.
 daring dueler
08-07-2004, 8:21 PM
But darth vader can imagine quite a bit....lol

yah, obi-wan one over all.
 Katarn07
08-07-2004, 8:37 PM
We both spelled won as 'one' :|
 ZBomber
08-07-2004, 9:00 PM
Red Sox have a chance for the wild card, what about the Cubs?

Hmmm... Holo Luke looks kinda funny to me. Not very holographic-ish :(
 Katarn07
08-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I know they have a shot at that again.

And the topic is Obi vs Vader 12", not holo Luke. I thought it looked kinda cool. Save for the saber. Obi Spirit looks cool too. Save for his saber.
 ZBomber
08-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Yeah, I know they have a shot at that again.

And the topic is Obi vs Vader 12", not holo Luke. I thought it looked kinda cool. Save for the saber. Obi Spirit looks cool too. Save for his saber.

Like we care about that topic anymore. :p I think we already agreed the figures are cool and Obi-Wan would have won. ;)
 dark jedi 8
08-19-2004, 4:42 PM
red sox are now tied w/texas for wild card, and as much as i'd like to see the sox in the playoffs, i gotta go with the rangers b/c their young team reminds me of the 95 indians or last years marlins. gotta go w/the underdog!
 ZBomber
08-19-2004, 6:05 PM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
red sox are now tied w/texas for wild card, and as much as i'd like to see the sox in the playoffs, i gotta go with the rangers b/c their young team reminds me of the 95 indians or last years marlins. gotta go w/the underdog!

Rangers = The gay :p If they make it into the playoffs, I'll make Texas go bye-bye
 Katarn07
08-20-2004, 5:20 PM
Bush gave Sosa to the White Sox who in turn gave him to the Cubs. Big mistake if you ask me :p

I'm for the Sox and Cubs. That's who I wanna see play in the end. Well.... the Cubs at least. If they were there, I suppose it wouldn't matter who the opponent was. Just as long as they'd finally make it again. The Sox would be the best choice though. :)
 daring dueler
08-21-2004, 1:46 AM
thats rite the red sox rule...final!
Page: 1 of 1