Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Talking to NPCs

Page: 1 of 1
 norville
07-27-2004, 12:51 PM
My copy of JK-Dark Forces is without an instruction manual. I noticed there is an in-game 'talk' option in single player mode. Am I able to talk to NPCs? I've had zero success thus far.
Also, my copy of JK came with 2 discs but I haven't had to use the 2nd. What purpose does it serve?

Thanks, friends in the FORCE.
 txa1265
07-28-2004, 4:55 AM
Originally posted by norville
My copy of JK-Dark Forces is without an instruction manual. That's too bad, the manual, while small, is not bad. BTW - this is the (1995) Dark Forces forum, you are referring to Jedi Knight, which is Dark Forces 2, and has its' own forum.

I noticed there is an in-game 'talk' option in single player mode. Am I able to talk to NPCs? I've had zero success thus far. If the NPC is non-hostile, you talk to them by 'using' them, which is not really useful. Otherwise the 'T' for Talk is really a MP-type talk just carried into SP.

Also, my copy of JK came with 2 discs but I haven't had to use the 2nd. What purpose does it serve? Once you hit a certain level - 9 or so I believe - you will play off of the 2nd disk.

Good luck - you are embarking on one of the best FPS games ever.

Mike
Page: 1 of 1