Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Chapter 2: Flippin gold bottle argh! Please help

Page: 1 of 1
 lorenzo2004
07-27-2004, 8:02 AM
I am on the brink of completion in chapter 2 but I need the bottle of gold liquid in the bar so I can get the metal detector from Carla but Manny won't pick it up! I have downloaded the patch and reinstalled the game (as well as starting again completley) several times and he still won't look at the bottle's position on the bar or pick it up. I have tried every possible position and he can't see it for some reason. An obvious glitch but will I have to get a save game off of someone? If so is there anyone kind enough to give me one. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
 James Isaac
07-28-2004, 3:02 PM
I have never heard of this problem before, so maybe you are trying to pick it up from the wrong place, becuase you got the perspective confused? I know that sounds stupid, but it is the only reasonable explanation I can think of.

http://myst.cafe24.com/lib/walk/grim_fandango/010190S.JPG)
(The bottle)

http://myst.cafe24.com/lib/walk/grim_fandango/010191S.JPG)
(Manny is standing where you should be standing after you have picked up the bottle).

Sorry if that wasn't any help, but it was the best i could do ;)
 Kloreep
07-30-2004, 2:13 AM
Something I just ran across in the readme:

* When there are several objects close together that Manny can look at, you can use the period key (or the Numpad Delete key) to make Manny look at each one in turn.

If your problem is getting Manny to look at the gold container, you might try this.
 scoob_86uk
08-31-2004, 1:55 PM
Make sure u are the right side of the bar, u have to get quite close to the far door before u can walk down the isle.
Page: 1 of 1