Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saw your update...

Page: 1 of 1
 Ackehallgren
07-26-2004, 3:03 PM
Can't wait to see the cutscene with Katarn :D

Anyhow - I was just havin an idea - Like when you defeat Boba Fett, you could implent a short cutscene, where you see a short ending of the fight between kyle and boba...
These extras would really be cool - IMO....
Also, like Moff Rebus - just seeing Kyle pulling his bryar pistol, and Rebus givin up or something :D just an idea...
 SlicerDude
07-26-2004, 4:15 PM
That great that the cutscene's done--I'm sure it looks awesome.

Now, I have several questions about the cutscene, but I'll be patient since they'll probably be answered soon.

I like your idea, Ackehallgren, but it sounds like it would add a significant amount of work. Also, it doesn't exactly fit the style of the original DF (not that it wouldn't work in a remake). Personally, I'd like to see it as an optional enhancement, but not at the expense of delaying the mod.

Ackehallgren's idea sounds like the kind of thing to do in-engine. Is that even possible with the MP SDK? If it is, it might be easier to implement.
 SlicerDude
07-26-2004, 4:28 PM
By the way, The One, can you update the progress page sometime? Perhaps after or at the demo's release would be a good time, as traffic to the site will probably pick up. I think some people read a little too much into the fact that the progress page hasn't changed for a while.
 Ackehallgren
07-27-2004, 5:19 AM
Hmm... I didn't even think about the delaying :P
Yeah your probably right...
But they could do it in-game... Cause, you've never actually seen Katarn take out his blaster and shoot the crap out of Grans or something... You've seen Jason Court (Jedi Knight) but that's with his lightsaber...

I dunno... It was just an idea :P
 Darth_Linux
07-28-2004, 3:47 PM
we plan on adding in some more cutscenes to really flesh out the action sequences like the Boba Fett fight. The JA single player scripting engine is awesome for this - take the final fight with Tavion for example . . . We aren't yet sure how robust the scripts will be in MP though. We have a dedicated cutscene guy who does it all in Adobe something and converts it to ROQ so it really wouldn't slow down the rest of the mod, but it does add to the filesize of the mod since those ROQ videos are pretty weighty.

Anyhow, except to see some extra cutscenes in the final version of the mod . . . thanks for the great suggestions.

We do have a surprise for the ending with Moff Reebus but I can't talk about it - you'll just have to wait and see it.
 Suprosa
07-28-2004, 4:53 PM
The extra movies better be done in good taste, and leave u in awe of the DF universe...i kinda hate lame overdone intro movies for bosses :P
for instance, i dont want to see a "Katarn returns triumphantly and before stepping onto his ship lasers splatter the ground in front of him and a rocket splodes behind him and he rolls and shoots back at Boba Fett!"
purely because, it is of my belief that Boba Fett doesnt miss :P
so if u did do that it should be a "laser-in-Kyle's-back thing" that throws him to the ground and boba comes flying in to crush his skull :p

just my thoughts...Which to sum it up would be: Be origonal, but make things fit for the characters like i mentioned above
 Darth_Linux
07-29-2004, 2:40 PM
we'll try not to make it suck . . . the Dark Forces Mod team is made up of 20 of the biggest Star Wars fans in the world - none of us want to make something that sucks, believe me.
 Ackehallgren
07-30-2004, 6:44 AM
Originally posted by Suprosa
The extra movies better be done in good taste, and leave u in awe of the DF universe...i kinda hate lame overdone intro movies for bosses :P
for instance, i dont want to see a "Katarn returns triumphantly and before stepping onto his ship lasers splatter the ground in front of him and a rocket splodes behind him and he rolls and shoots back at Boba Fett!"
purely because, it is of my belief that Boba Fett doesnt miss :P
so if u did do that it should be a "laser-in-Kyle's-back thing" that throws him to the ground and boba comes flying in to crush his skull :p

just my thoughts...Which to sum it up would be: Be origonal, but make things fit for the characters like i mentioned above

Have you been playing to much Metal Gear Solid? :P
Great game but really exadurated action :D

Anyhow I have great comfidence in that the DF MOD team will surprise me, about Moff Rebus and everything else :)

You guys rock!!!
 SlicerDude
08-02-2004, 4:43 PM
Looks like I replied a little too soon. Sounds cool--I can't wait to see the added content, especially Moff Rebus.

@Suprosa: Did you really think this team would make anything low quality? ;) Everything I've seen them make so far has been amazing.
Page: 1 of 1