Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

LAST PROBLEM (That I know about) - Sound yet again

Page: 1 of 1
 mknote
07-26-2004, 12:10 AM
Okay, with fog solved, my elevator working, and the fact my sound was muffled in one area, I have come to the final problem delaying my map: the solution to the first sound problem I just mentioned (real simple, just run .vis) made another problem crop up. Well, now, the sound won't play if you can't see it. My four rooms are surrounded by structural brushes, and I am in an area right next to the room, but I can't see the leaf node inside. Since I am right next to the sound (a fire), I should be able to hear it. But I can't. Now, when I walk into a position where I can see the leaf node, all of the sound suddenly turns on. Now, I don't want to have bad framerates, and since there are 12 fires in each room, that adds up to alot of tri's. BUT, I also don't want sounds turning on and off in one step. How can I have the best of both worlds? BTW, thanks everyone on their help so far. Let's get this thing finished, because I have been working on this on and off for about a year now. TIA.

MK
Page: 1 of 1