Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do Reflex, Fortitude, and Will power do?

Page: 1 of 1
 ajessup
07-25-2004, 8:55 PM
I just got this game a couple days ago...and I must say I am very happy with it. Oh, I've been waiting so so long and finally I have a computer and come become a Jedi Knight !!! wooo hoo. Gee, don't I feel dorky :)

So....I've been trying to figure out EXACTLY how Reflex, Fortitude, and will power stats affect gameplay. It doesn't mention anything in the manual.

Thanks for your help,
-Alex Jessup
 RedHawke
07-26-2004, 1:45 AM
Well ajessup, first... Welcome to the forums! :D

To answer your question, Fortitude, Reflex, and Willpower are not stats they are what is called Saving Throws they are the numbers that indicate how well you will resist or react to something.

Your actual stats are STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, and CHA. Everything else in the game is factored from your 6 stats, your class and feats. Those three provide an influence to the saving throws, attack bonus, damage bonus, hit points, force points, etc.

Example of a saving throw in action: Poison/Disease attacks to your PC will result in the game checking a Die roll vs. your Fortitude save to see if you resist the effects of the Poison or Disease.

The same will apply to Reflex checks vs. mines, and Willpower checks vs. some force powers.

I hope this helps! :D
 FiEND_138
07-26-2004, 1:54 AM
Thanx for the info Red. I've been kind of curious about that myself. Being an FPS player primarily, with KotOR being the only RPG I've ever really enjoyed. All the RPG stuffs kind of like greek to me; will, fort, save rolls, etc... :D
 RedHawke
07-26-2004, 1:59 AM
^^^^
It would be nice if the RPG game makers would put quick refrence cards with those types of information to explain things better to new RPG'ers! :D
 ajessup
07-26-2004, 7:04 PM
Hey Thanks a lot for your help. It makes total sense now. The only thing I want to know now is what are all factors that would affect the saving throw?

FOr example: You mentioned poison would be rolled with frotitude, reflex with mines, and will with force power.

There must me many other different things that go up gainst Fortitude, Will, and Reflex. Are there? Or does that about cover it.

Thanks again :)

AJ
 RedHawke
07-27-2004, 4:49 AM
Things that affect saving throws... or make you make a saving throw?

Your stats affect (Read add a bonus to) your saving throws, as well as some feats. Some force attacks might reduce your saving throw number for a limited time as well, this would make you more suseptable to other things.

If you mean what makes you make a save, and what are all the things that go for each save that list would be infinite in length.

The rule of thumb on saves are simple;

Reflex saves are for things that you can dodge or roll out of the way, like grenades, mines, or traps.

Will Power saves are for things like mind-affecting attacks and effects.

And Fortitude saves are for things like chemical or disease attacks and effects.

I hope this helps! :D
 kome566
07-28-2004, 1:21 PM
Fortitude-Deals with anything psychal (Cant spell :D or thats what i think it does)

Will:Anything that affect the mind such as force powers

Reflex:The ability to dodge something such as Red's given examples.
Page: 1 of 1