Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode III Packaging

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
07-25-2004, 8:46 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/images/news/EP3_WEB_ght654_sm1.jpg)

Oh dear God, it's worse than the PotJ packaging. I'm all for the classic look of things and anti-modern art when it comes to SW packaging. This is just aweful. Downright aweful.

The bubble is round like those holiday guys too. Those are impossible to get undented when they do dent unlike the classic, square bubbles.

What do you guys think? Post your thoughts while I go vomit and launch the nukes on Pawtucket.
 ZBomber
07-25-2004, 9:07 PM
...Please say this is only an early design....
 daring dueler
07-25-2004, 9:47 PM
Its gotta be a production shot........it.it can be the real thing?

that sux, i will open all....

hasbro, i hate you.

wait.wait....that card says "revenge of the sith" it cant be the real card, the name hasnt been released yet. unless this is some horrible mistake by hasbro of letting it out.
 ZBomber
07-25-2004, 9:54 PM
****... It is real... it is straight form the Hasbro website...
 daring dueler
07-25-2004, 9:58 PM
not only that,but revenge of the sith is the real title according to hasbro and www.rebelscum.com).......................

i hate you hasbro!
die!
that better be a pr. model!
 ZBomber
07-25-2004, 10:08 PM
The vader is kinda cool, but it would be cooler on Square packaging.
 daring dueler
07-25-2004, 10:24 PM
I think the vader has a way too animated look.......not like our classic figures, if the vader was smaller, if they brought back regular red cards, and he was on the corner id be happy, this isnt spiderman vs. shcreature movie packing, its not marvel or borgs.....why make a flashy package??

hasbro........just when otc was making it good between you and me.....you had to F*** it all up.

if our security alert wasnt up due to dem. convention in bostom, i would so threaten your ass now...
 ZBomber
07-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Taters - Sooo Quoted. :-D

I know, OTC looks so cool. I love the packaging...... I think I'm gonna keep SOME in the package, souly because its Star Wars. :S
 daring dueler
07-25-2004, 10:31 PM
the only otc im opening is the new figures i the line, and a few stormies.
 Katarn07
07-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah, the title was actually alluded to by Lucas some time ago. He said Rise of the Empire was not the title and would not comment on Revenge of the Sith.

Good name, crappy packaging. Ugh....
 daring dueler
07-25-2004, 11:44 PM
yeah.package sux.

but what can we do about it eh?

btw katarn, you been coming on aim lately?
 Katarn07
07-26-2004, 11:07 AM
A couple of times this week. I caught you on twice but you didn't respond either time.
 daring dueler
07-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Ya sorry....diablo2

so, thus package sux huh?
 ZBomber
07-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
Ya sorry....diablo2

so, thus package sux huh?

Indeed... I wonder why they changed their shape after ALLL this time.... since 1970's, it's been square pacakging.....
 daring dueler
07-26-2004, 5:45 PM
You wonder eh? I know why, thier hasbro first of all, but their main reason, young audience of star wars, flashy sells to young kids and .the mentally ill:rolleyes: ...........
 Katarn07
07-26-2004, 7:54 PM
Shouldn't the flashy CGI of the movie and the damned action feature be enough? They coulda been dumb enough to give us crappy action in kick ass packaging or super poseable figures in that crap package but nooo, they had to give us both. :mad:
 ZBomber
07-26-2004, 10:39 PM
I can see the commercials now....

----------------

Hey kids, cool kids like Star Wars right?! And they take drugs! Don't you wanna be cool? Look at this awesome action figure! When you push the button, YOU GET TEH AWSUM WACKZ-WACKZ-WACKS ATTACK MODEZ! OMG! And look! Lava is spewing out of his head! OMG YOU CAN BE A 1337 JEDI MASTA TOO, SON!
 dark jedi 8
07-27-2004, 2:07 PM
it has to be a promo, its over 9 months away to April 2 when all the episode 3 merchandice is released. they shouldn't ruch into this. it looks like the animators got drunk and threw a bunch of s***ty clip art together, not to mention an unfinished shot of Grievous which is probably from the insider cover.
 daring dueler
07-27-2004, 11:08 PM
how is that unfinished...?
plus 99% of the pics we see on packages arnt accurate any way...

beides, ep2 packaging was released a long time before the actual stuff was...
 dark jedi 8
07-28-2004, 8:28 PM
that Grievous looks exactly like the one on the insider cover and that one was artist rendered, not a CG model. so in theory its "unfinished".
 Katarn07
07-28-2004, 10:46 PM
He's right. I just renewed my fanclub subscription (got 2 silver sandtroopers) and went to the Hyperspace place. Apparently he's not even finished being made. And this movie is less than a year a way? What the hell have they been doing exactly?

I hear there's gonna be a bare-knuckle fight between him and Obi. As much as I hate Greivous, that scene has possibilities :D
 ZBomber
07-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
He's right. I just renewed my fanclub subscription (got 2 silver sandtroopers) and went to the Hyperspace place. Apparently he's not even finished being made. And this movie is less than a year a way? What the hell have they been doing exactly?

I hear there's gonna be a bare-knuckle fight between him and Obi. As much as I hate Greivous, that scene has possibilities :D

How can that be.... he was shown in Clone Wars, wasn't he? (It's been awhile since I saw it)
 Katarn07
07-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Nothing looks realistic in that though.

Yeah, I heard he was in the last episode. I only saw the first 10 episodes. I don't really care. I hate PT EU. I only enjoy the stuff set during the OT and after it. My brain can only comprehend so much stuff.
 dark jedi 8
07-29-2004, 6:23 PM
i heard Grievous's image has gone through even more changes (minor) since the artist rendering on the insider cover. who knows, but i did hear that Gary Oldman is supplying the voice for Grievous. that should be interesting, in a good way.
 Katarn07
07-29-2004, 6:33 PM
Never heard that and I doubt it's true. There's also a rumor (totally false of course) that he's the villain in Indy 4. It would prove interesting. I've only seen him in Air Force One and Lost in Space but he was a great villain in both.
 dark jedi 8
07-30-2004, 12:18 PM
ign said that he was the voice and theforce.net said it was rumored that he would voice the part. so its anyone's guess. he was also the villian in "the fifth element", and that new harry potter movie.
 daring dueler
07-30-2004, 7:52 PM
YUP....but i still will hate the package...production model or not.
Page: 1 of 1