Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is John Howard leading Australia or following George W. Bush?

Page: 1 of 1
 doughnutslayer
07-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Is John Howard leading Australia or following George W. Bush? It seems, to me anyway, that a lot of Australian's are divided about whether or not Australia should have gone along with the 'War on Terror' war with America like a sheep.

On one side, it could be said that Australia should have left the war alone, and then we wouldn't have had the Bali Bombings; while, on the other side, one might say that, though Australia hasn't had any attacks on its land, we our a free country and, therefore, should help "liberate" people who are not so.

There's also the question of money: Australia does have debts with other countries and, instead of wasting money on the war, we should be using that money to pay our debts and help the poor and elderly etc.Besides, have we actually benefitted from this war: Terrorists are still active and where's Bin Laden. Has anyone benefitted from the war; the people we went to 'free' have been 'liberated' and now they have a load of dead to bury whilst the suicide bombers blow themselves up in crowded places.

Although, if Australia pulls out, would we be leaving the people of Iraq at the mercy of the terrorists that are still left, or would they stop the attacks?

In conclusion, is the war really worth the price that we have paid for it in compared to the result?
 ShadowTemplar
07-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Is John Howard leading Australia or following George W. Bush?

You mean to say that those are mutually exclusive? ;)

In conclusion, is the war really worth the price that we have paid for it in compared to the result?

Nope, but we're kinda stuck with it...
 Astrotoy7
07-25-2004, 1:32 PM
I still cannot get over how Johnny pulled the wool over the country's eyes with a very craftily worded referendum re- formation of a republic...

add to that :
*human rights violations with detainees and asylum seekers(umm Johnny, its actually is illegal to keep people seeking asylum incarcerated)
*his refusal to make the symobolic apology to the indigenous peoples
*the very steady move to the 'user pays' university system
*charging off to Iraq, despite the protests of local intelligence staff, who pre warned about the lack of significant WMD evidence

The fact that he idolizes Bob Menzies speaks volumes, and displays exactly where his head is stuck, apart from up GW Bush's a$$....

*cringes*

i really hate that ba$tard, sorry

MY PLEA(to the handful of Ozstralians here) :
Vote anyone but Liberal/Nats next election !

mtfbwya
 toms
07-27-2004, 12:57 PM
I don't know about Aussie politics. but this seems to be a debate raging in many countries across the world right now.

Australia (obviously :D )

Great Britain (blair has lost huge faith and popularity due to his (mindless/faithful/wise*) following of whatever George Bush says.
*delete as appropriate

Korea - There were pictures of rioting and water cannons in korea last night as their president was elected on a promise of not being as much of a US lapdog as before, and now he has committed to sending 3000 troops. (and there was that hostage thing).

Japan - Well, the japanese are too ordered to demnstrate or anything, and they are unlikely to vote against their usual pattern... but they have actually started to question the policy of the prime minister on tv, which is quite a step for japan.

I think that is actually ALL OF the coalition of the willing that actually has troops, but i think every country where the leadership has followed the US lead (seemingly without any evidence,it now appears) is having some major comback on the leaders.

It doesnt seem to pay to be GW's mate at the moment. :D
 Darth Rythe
08-12-2004, 5:28 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

MY PLEA(to the handful of Ozstralians here) :
Vote anyone but Liberal/Nats next election !

mtfbwya

5 Months and I can vote:p

I think Little Johnny is obsessed with GB.
 Lynk Former
08-12-2004, 6:42 AM
Mark-i-boy's definately gonna get my vote in the election.
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-15-2004, 8:27 AM
Howard is following Bush.Im Oz by the way.

OFF TOPIC:

I am watching the Olympics right now live.
Page: 1 of 1