Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite Conversation

Page: 1 of 1
 JofaGuht
07-24-2004, 12:29 AM
There's a lot of favorite quote threads, but what about your favorite conversation? It's a hard choice, I do like the first conversation with Eva. Even though it isn't really a convo, I do like saying stuff to Bowsley and making him freak out.

Chepito, Velasco, Charlie are all great ones to talk to.

And there's something I love about the one with Membrillo, the coroner.

You guys?
 VampireNaomi
07-24-2004, 4:55 AM
There are two favourites and I can't pick one. Firstly, I love the conversation Manny has with Domino in the first year. I play through every possible line every time I play GF.

And then I love the conversation between Manny and Nick in High Roller's Lounge. There is just something in Nick, the atmosphere and the lines... I love it. I can hear Manny's opening line in my ears every time I listen to the Gambling Glottis theme.
 Expert Player
07-30-2004, 4:38 PM
In year one at the parade...

Manny "My kid, uhh, wants another balloon animal."

Clown "Oh gese what now!"

Manny "A dead worm?"

Clown "those are my specialty"
*hands manny a deflated balloon*
 Sallim
07-31-2004, 5:01 AM
LOL the conversetion with the clown in year one ^_^

My beloved conversetion is between Sal and Manny in the LSA ;)

But there are so much =)
 fook_yu
08-15-2004, 7:48 PM
My Favorite quote (not the exact words because I translate them from french)

Manny to Domino (Year One): How do you make to lick the boots of the Don Copal, you do not have a tongue?

Eva to Manny (Year One): You try to move me away from my office to make a garland with my paper clips. (not sure of the word garland... Well, to attach all the paper clips together)

Eva to Manny (Year One, in the secret base): Eva: Walk or Die!
Manny: But I already...
Eva: Well, WALK!

(This one is a little bit better for French people.. Why? Marche ou Crиve (Walk or Die) is the name, in French, of Bruce Willis' movie DieHard.)
 JofaGuht
08-15-2004, 8:45 PM
Originally posted by fook_yu
My Favorite quote (not the exact words because I translate them from french)

Manny to Domino (Year One): How do you make to lick the boots of the Don Copal, you do not have a tongue?

Eva to Manny (Year One): You try to move me away from my office to make a garland with my paper clips. (not sure of the word garland... Well, to attach all the paper clips together)

Eva to Manny (Year One, in the secret base): Eva: Walk or Die!
Manny: But I already...
Eva: Well, WALK!

(This one is a little bit better for French people.. Why? Marche ou Crиve (Walk or Die) is the name, in French, of Bruce Willis' movie DieHard.)

Did you play a translation? The "walk or die" thing seems like a completely different joke (The original one went, "Join or Die!" "But I'm already" "AGAIN!") Hmm, perhaps there is different and perhaps funny unheard dialogue in translated conversations?

I would totally find out were it not for me being an arrogant American thinking one language is good enough...
 Shuz
08-16-2004, 2:56 AM
It's not really a conversation but i loved the joining the Sea bee strike,

"hell no we won't work!"
"bogan is a big fat jerk!" etc

also Carla's life story,

"Have you ever eaten bark? It's really not that bad"
 James Isaac
08-16-2004, 4:59 AM
Yeah, my favourite conversation was Carla's life story too. That was funny ;).
 Alia
08-17-2004, 1:53 AM
The conversation between Manny and Hector in the greenhouse is my personal favorite, if I had to pick one.
 Captain Gonzo
08-17-2004, 7:57 AM
It's got perhaps the best dialogue in a game ever, so it's hard to pick out any one conversation. Some that spring to mind:

- Membrillo is a great character to talk to, and his poem when you finish with him is pretty neat.
- Carla's story
- Manny with Nick outside Rubacava jail (when he punches him)
- All the stuff with Chepito.
- Manny with Celso and his wife in Hector's tower (Manny the salesman has still got it)
- Manny and Hector in Manny's old office.
- At the end, Glottis and then Meche. Saying goodbye to Glottis is a genuinely touching moment, and the final lines with Meche just give the story wonderful closure. It's such a great ending.
 Ck
08-17-2004, 9:02 AM
I always like the convo between Manny and Olivia in the Blue Casket, and the poems are well funny!
Page: 1 of 1