Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing Items Using KotOR Tool - Tutorial

Page: 2 of 2
 JawaOverlord
10-12-2010, 12:09 PM
I need help I use to play this and use kotor tool on my xp but I have windows 7 and I can save the edited mod fine but it doesn't show in game like I type in giveitem g_w_blstrcrbn229 and it doesn't give me my weapon...
 Leandro36
02-08-2011, 7:22 PM
Okay this is ticking me off, I just started this today though okay hears what I do, Double click on a property I want to edit, (It`s on the left side), This one is Blaster Bolt deflection it`s on +5 and I try to add it to +30 (why? Because im using shems enhace mod and this saber is beyond weak) And nothing happens! Help me please
 Leandro36
02-08-2011, 7:30 PM
Nevermind new problem IT WONT SAVE
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-09-2011, 9:15 PM
^^ What OS?

KotOR Tool does not work well, if at all, in Windows 7 IIUC.

If you are on an XP machine, try this - uninstall KotOR Tool and then re-install it. Takes about 5 minutes if you properly restart your machine after uninstalling, then take the time to run cCleaner or at least Disk Cleanup, restart again, install KTool.

If that fails, you will need to take some screenshots to better "describe" your issues. KotOR Tool is quite reliable despite its age - but it likes to play best in old OS.
 Darth Orailius
08-04-2011, 10:48 PM
I've been having a tidbit of trouble getting my item once its been edited and saved to the override folder. when i try to use the cheat "giveitem blablabla" it just doesent show up. i've checked spelling and what not. i still cant seem to bring it in. help would be wonderful. Btw fantastic tutorial, im just a half wit.
 Darth Orailius
08-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Nevermind new problem IT WONT SAVE

move your override folder to your desktop, save it there then move it back to the SwKotOR folder where it originally was.:thmbup1:
 Darth Orailius
08-04-2011, 10:54 PM
how did you fix it?
Page: 2 of 2