Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

About the demo

Page: 1 of 1
 VampireNaomi
07-21-2004, 1:05 AM
I have an online pal and after some advertising I managed to get her interested in GF. I think I'll tell her to download the demo to get her hooked, but I want to know about it first.

I have never played the demo myself, so what part of the game does it cover? Does it have cutscenes? Is it interesting enough to lure someone into buying the whole game?
 Sallim
07-21-2004, 7:26 AM
I got hooked on Grim Fandango because of the great demo! The part of the demo is ...

Spoiler ;)

Your starting at Salvador LSA in first year and you have to bring Salґs the "eggs". Thats it. There is a mix of some cutscene of the whole game at the beginning and at the end of the demo

I bought Grim because of this great demo. I love the characters, music, voices. To keep it short, just all =)

Play the demo, its a nice experience, dont matter if you played the game millions times trough =)
 Expert Player
07-21-2004, 9:09 AM
When I played the demo I thought it was good, but them the rest of the game blew it away!
 VampireNaomi
07-21-2004, 1:28 PM
Weird. I downloaded the demo fron LucasArts' site, but it doesn't work properly. The beginning logo is all messed up and there are no cutscenes.

When I unzipped the files it said that something is missing. Is it because of my computer or did I do something wrong?
 Sallim
07-21-2004, 3:17 PM
Ok I donwloaded the demo here (http://3dgamers.planetmirror.com/pub/3dgamers/games/grimfandango/gffulldemo.exe)
and I think its the same demo I played almost 5 years ago. There are movies, because there is a movie directiory ( if you change the movie files name between them, you can see how easy they done the game ;)

This demo is almost 60 mb big, and if you useing Xp you maybe got some problems with the movies, like I do now.

Dont know why this happening, but it wasnt under 98 like this.

So far as I know This trailer is the same as the movies in the demo (http://www.grimfandango.net/index.php?section=downloads&page=miscellaneous)

Cant help you much , sorry ;/

The demo seems to be very buggy, and allows some debug functions. Hmm, hope it will work better for your pal.

Sal
Page: 1 of 1