Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Hyus
07-20-2004, 9:17 PM
Im working on a little project. Nothing fancy, mostly changing item stats and a few other minor things, but im stuck on a few issues. If anyone could help me with it it would be greatly appreciated.

I managed to change how much the force shields absorb, but i have been unable to change the damage on grenades. Its not a huge deal, just one of those little details that will end up bugging me once im done.

How do i change the bonus from feats? Specifically im interested in changing scoundrels luck, the equivelent jedi ability (i forget the name, its late), Wookie toughness, dueling and perhaps a few others.

Is it possible to tie wisdom to armor bonus instead of dex when wisdom is higher? (in the same way that dex is attack bonus for sabers when its higher than strength) As per the lore a Jedi guides his movements through the force, and i would like to be able to replicate that ingame.

How do i make non-armor items (anything that dont go in the main armor slot) give armor bonus? (besides putting dex on it, i dont want it to affect attack bonus)
Similarly, is there any way to make items give attack bonus without at the same time affecting armor/damage?

And finally, is it possible to make HK-47 use a sword? I dont care how many hoops i will have to jump through for this one, i want a sword wielding robot.
 Mav
07-20-2004, 9:37 PM
I think that many of the things that you want to do involve editing the baseitems.2da file which I think controls what you are after, but I don't know too much about this category.
 deathdisco
07-20-2004, 9:42 PM
As far as changing grenade damage, edit k_sup_grenade.nss. Compile and save to your override folder.
 Hyus
07-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Cant seem to get it to work. I found the file, edited the damage and saved it. Do i need another program to compile it or how does it work?
 Darth333
07-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Hyus
Cant seem to get it to work. I found the file, edited the damage and saved it. Do i need another program to compile it or how does it work?
What compiler are you using? You need HazardX script compiler: read the Guide for the Newbie in the stickies: all the info and links are there.
 Hyus
07-20-2004, 11:48 PM
I read the first sticky, didnt know it was in 2 parts. The armor bonus for jedi and scoundrels has been figured out and grenades are working, now i just need to figure out the rest.
Thanks for the help so far.
 Hyus
07-23-2004, 12:01 AM
I still need a little help with this guys. My mod is getting close to where i want it, but its still missing one crucial thing. I have to change the bonus on the Dueling feat to balance things out, but i have been unable to find it. Anyone know where it is?
Page: 1 of 1