Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bartenders, Waitors, and Mayhem

Page: 1 of 1
 B00mer
07-18-2004, 4:17 PM
For my upcoming map I am going to (hopefully) have Bartendors and Waitors. The Bartendors will ask what you want if you come up to them and press "action" and the waitors will walk around, and if a person goes up to them and preses "action" they will ask what you want. I am going to try and add a menu popup window with the items for both the bartendors and the waitors.
Another feature I am trying to include in the Bar Workers is them attacking you if you :
A) come behind the bar
-or-
B) attack them

I want them to be invincible.

This way noone will come behind the bar to play bartendor, or people WILL come behind the bar to try and survive the bartendor. I voted the idea and people want it.

My question is how do I make it so that all these things are possible becuase, in the world modding, anything is possible!

Thanks in advanced.
 Jedi_Vogel
07-18-2004, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by B00mer
in the world modding, anything is possible!

Correction, almost anything is possible :)
 EvilJedi
07-18-2004, 7:03 PM
Anything is possible im modding if you are smart enough, like you can make a whole new game, and stuff... So vogel, you are completely wrong!
 B00mer
07-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by EvilJedi
Anything is possible im modding if you are smart enough, like you can make a whole new game, and stuff... So vogel, you are completely wrong!
for example... in halo, i figured out how to make destructable scenery. I did it by taking the destructabe vehicles in single player, editing them into what i wanted to be destructable in 3ds max, created the animation of them blowing up, and then added them to my map. Revolutionized map making. Noone had ever done it but really wanted it. So i did it. ANYTHING is possible... i was just seeing if anyone knows a possible way because im not familiar with how JA works.
 Codja X
07-19-2004, 3:36 AM
Originally posted by B00mer
I am going to try and add a menu popup window with the items for both the bartendors and the waitors.

You are not going to be able to do that without the source code to the game.

As for the Bartender and Waiters asking what you want when you "action" them - you can use a "usescript" with them. Create a little script in BehavEd where you can specify a sound file for them to play and an animation to go with it. Just fiddle around with that and you should be okay.

Also, you can make the npc's non-solid in the entity window so you can't kill them or cause damage at all.
 Jedi_Vogel
07-19-2004, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by EvilJedi

Oh mleh :p

If you're making a whole new game and new editing tools, it's no longer modding :D
 shukrallah
07-19-2004, 9:18 PM
well.. yeah, you could script them walking, you could record sound for them to speak... but without coding you cant have them get you stuff, or make a menu. well.. I guess you could make a code that says to run a script that tells them to go here, or there to get an item. If the Item is a GLM it can be bolted to either there right or left hand (well.. i guess that obvious) and then you could unbolt the item at a table so it appears like they have put it there :-\ thats going to be a lot of work though...
 B00mer
07-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Codja X
You are not going to be able to do that without the source code to the game.

As for the Bartender and Waiters asking what you want when you "action" them - you can use a "usescript" with them. Create a little script in BehavEd where you can specify a sound file for them to play and an animation to go with it. Just fiddle around with that and you should be okay.

Also, you can make the npc's non-solid in the entity window so you can't kill them or cause damage at all.

ok, no menu.. i can live
 B00mer
07-20-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
well.. yeah, you could script them walking, you could record sound for them to speak... but without coding you cant have them get you stuff, or make a menu. well.. I guess you could make a code that says to run a script that tells them to go here, or there to get an item. If the Item is a GLM it can be bolted to either there right or left hand (well.. i guess that obvious) and then you could unbolt the item at a table so it appears like they have put it there :-\ thats going to be a lot of work though...

can i make it so that the waitors carry a tray with a glass or two on it, then walk from the bar to a table, set the glass down, and then walk back and put nother glass down, pick up the first one, go back, get a new one, then go put it on another table, and the process cycles over and over?
 Codja X
07-20-2004, 11:08 AM
You could, but you may have to create new animations such as the waiter carrying the tray. You should be able to improvise the rest (such as the bartender placing a glass down).

Try getting the basic walk from point a to b scripting done 1st and then the in-between animations (e.g. picking up the glass etc) and then the usescript (e.g. play "f*ck off - i'm busy.mp3" when used).

But as you said earlier, it should be possible to do - it's just going to be a pain in the arse that's all:)
Page: 1 of 1