Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

wee made my first new class:)

Page: 1 of 1
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 10:22 AM
my class is listed at char selction screen too here is my new class you get your prof lightsaber/jedi defence/jedi sence feats at char selction screen when you pick your starting feats. here is my class stats...

Sith Lord

str 16
dex 16
con 16
wis 10
will 10
repair:4
security:4
all other skills :4

FEATS
prof light saber
jedi defence
force sensitve
sence force

powers

undecided

i am going to add JEDI MASTER CLASS NEXT
 Darth Dex
07-18-2004, 10:58 AM
hmm......does it replace another class? Good work though cool idea.
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by aluuan
my class is listed at char selction screen too here is my new class you get your prof lightsaber/jedi defence/jedi sence feats at char selction screen when you pick your starting feats. here is my class stats...

Sith Lord

str 16
dex 16
con 16
wis 10
will 10
repair:4
security:4
all other skills :4

FEATS
prof light saber
jedi defence
force sensitve
sence force

powers

undecided

i am going to add JEDI MASTER CLASS NEXT
yes scound but i am trying to figure out how to add this class with out overwriting it
 Darth333
07-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by aluuan
yes scound but i am trying to figure out how to add this class with out overwriting it
I'm afraid this is impossible :( plus the game contains numerous scripts that check which class is used (referring to the.2da file) so even if it was, you would run into constant crashes.

Just a few comments concerning the mod you are doing:
Overwriting the existing classes will change all the npcs in the game. Per example, if you replace the soldier class by your new sith lord class, it will make all the soldiers in the game sith lords...
Other point: if you want to make your mod available for download, the .tlk is a 5MB download. Perhaps simply provide instructions.
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 12:40 PM
ouch hehe
 *Atris*
07-18-2004, 12:58 PM
y not replace the minion wiv sith lord? no 1 in your party is a minion. and there has to be sum way to make the new class selectable
 tk102
07-18-2004, 1:30 PM
There are many NPCs who are minions however. Hidden Beks for example are mostly minions.Heed Darth333 when she says:
Overwriting the existing classes will change all the npcs in the game.
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 1:32 PM
Originally posted by lowiej
y not replace the minion wiv sith lord? no 1 in your party is a minion. and there has to be sum way to make the new class selectable ill try that
 tk102
07-18-2004, 1:43 PM
Oops... I must have just thought I posted something...
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by lowiej
y not replace the minion wiv sith lord? no 1 in your party is a minion. and there has to be sum way to make the new class selectable there is a way but it overwrites the class
 Darth333
07-18-2004, 1:55 PM
Err...in case you haven't noticed, what TK102 meant is that you are going to run into the same problems with the Minion class: you are going to make the hidden becks and MANY OTHERS sith lords ...even if you don't use the sith lord title they will all have the same stats.
 Darth333
07-18-2004, 2:00 PM
One more thing: the game sometimes checks if your pc is part of one of the following classes: soldier, scout, scoundrel and the corresponding Jedi classes. So if you change your pc class to minion, you will make things even worse.
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 2:05 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Err...in case you haven't noticed, what TK102 meant is that you are going to run into the same problems with the Minion class: you are going to make the hidden becks and MANY OTHERS sith lords ...even if you don't use the sith lord title they will all have the same stats. ah i see
 Doom_Dealer
07-18-2004, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Oops... I must have just thought I posted something...

Dont worry TK, I can see you :)

anyway, have you considered the expert Droid class, you never really fight any of them,

i suppose that depends on whether you like using T3M3, alot dont, most people have replaced him with a recruitment mod anyway, so i cant see it making a hell of alot of differance..
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 7:07 PM
might just replace scoun class with sith lord, because only one that class thats in my party is mission and i hardly use her. all npc thats got tag with sith lord dont bother me they have same stats as before.
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 7:42 PM
oh THANKS FOR THE INPUT much apreciated:)
 Darth Dex
07-18-2004, 8:08 PM
It should replace Jedi Sentinal. I can see it right now:
Jedi Master: Which colar/postions suits you best?
PC:Red. I want to be a Sith Lord!
 aluuan
07-18-2004, 9:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
It should replace Jedi Sentinal. I can see it right now:
Jedi Master: Which colar/postions suits you best?
PC:Red. I want to be a Sith Lord! lol thought about that thats why i dont want to replace any of the jedi classes
 Mono_Giganto
07-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by tk102
There are many NPCs who are minions however. Hidden Beks for example are mostly minions.

Hehehe that'd make a great game, a gang full of Sith lords.
Page: 1 of 1