Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

force breakable walls

Page: 1 of 1
 JkRaVeN
07-16-2004, 4:01 PM
Hi i want to know how do i make a wall thats breakable by force push?

thx
 *Dark
07-16-2004, 4:18 PM
the fastist way i can see this is to have a func_door over where you want it, or just below the surface with the force tag checked and a wait of -1 and a lip of -8 (or something). then link the door to the breakable so that when the door opens (never returns) the breakable will break, giving you the disired effect. but the door should be very fast and have no sound
 shukrallah
07-16-2004, 4:59 PM
Make your breakable wall. Give it a targetname.
Make a func_static brush the same size as the breakable area, and very thin, and right infront of it. Cover it with clip so the player cant see it. Click 'use_push' or something like that (press N, and there should be a few options) click the force push one, or pull... then tell the func_static to use a script. Give the func_static a targetname also. In the script, say "use" then the breakable wall targetname. After the use line, put remove then the func_static targetname... and thats it.
 JkRaVeN
07-16-2004, 7:07 PM
ok the wall is destroyed by force push but the invisible wall doesnt disapear and you can still destroy the wall with your lightsaber, i want it so you can only destroy it with force push and how do i change the animation it plays when the wall is being destroyed? because its like an explosion and looks wierd instead it should break like the one in the jedi training grounds ( yavin2)
 JkRaVeN
07-16-2004, 9:29 PM
nevermind i found out how to do it :D i checked the "invincible" tag, gave it the noise sound/effects/wall_smash.mp3 and then gave it the key material and value 5 and i also changed the func_statics texture to caulk so i could walk through it and it worked :D thx again
Page: 1 of 1