Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help Please Help ! ! !

Page: 1 of 1
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 6:42 AM
Is there anyway to get ALLMOST ewery enemy to use melee weapons such as sword and lightsabers? I need to know cause im playing with malak model and it has malak's fighting moves(stance) and it is programmed to fight only against someone using melee weapon, so if i attack someone not using melee weapon malak just stands and does nothing cause its not animated to attack someone not using saber. He will do damage against those guys too but it just doesnt look cool.. So back to the question: is there anyway to get allmost ewery enemy to use melee weapon? any mod maybe?
 Achilles
07-16-2004, 7:30 AM
Originally posted by Juha Avery
Is there anyway to get ALLMOST ewery enemy to use melee weapons such as sword and lightsabers? I need to know cause im playing with malak model and it has malak's fighting moves(stance) and it is programmed to fight only against someone using melee weapon, so if i attack someone not using melee weapon malak just stands and does nothing cause its not animated to attack someone not using saber. He will do damage against those guys too but it just doesnt look cool.. So back to the question: is there anyway to get allmost ewery enemy to use melee weapon? any mod maybe?

I can't speak for the DS malak model, but here's what I've discovered playing with the LS Malak:

1) no flurry animations
2) no critical strike animations
3) no two-handed weapon animations

Therefore, as long as configure malak to use a single weapon with Power attack, you'll get animations. As far as the "only against melee weapons" I can't confirm that. I've fought against Dark Jedi with animations *shrug*.

I hope that helps.
 Colma Adawin
07-16-2004, 8:32 AM
simply put. Malak was only designed to carry ONE WEAPON and ONE WEAPON ONLY. otherwise you will just stand there like a lemon and somehow killing your opponents.

MattCole
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 8:36 AM
Well i dont know why you dont see those animations but i can see flurry animation and i can see all other attack animations but i cant see the normal attack animations against someone who doesnt use saber. If im fighting against someone using saber then i can see the normal attack animation too.

But im just wondering how to get other enemies use melee weapons..
 Colma Adawin
07-16-2004, 8:40 AM
Well i dont know why you dont see those animations but i can see flurry animation and i can see all other attack animations but i cant see the normal attack animations against someone who doesnt use saber. If im fighting against someone using saber then i can see the normal attack animation too.

well i apolige for my previous post then, you've got me stumped :S

MattCole
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 9:32 AM
No need to apologize, its just that with my malak i can see ALL animations except the normal attack against non saber enemies all power attacks such as: flurry, power strike and all those work.
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 9:37 AM
So i suppose you dont know how to get all enemies to be equipped with sabers and swords.
 Colma Adawin
07-16-2004, 9:39 AM
So i suppose you dont know how to get all enemies to be equipped with sabers and swords.

not a clue im afraid, you'd have to tinker with the whole game to do that i think?

MattCole
 Achilles
07-16-2004, 1:16 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume it has something to do with the part where I stated that I was using LS Malak. I'm going to go one step further and assume that you're using DS Malak.

I might spend more time trying to figure out how to change the behavior rather than change the utc files for every enemy in the game. I'm willing to bet you could kill a day editting the Star Forge alone.

Either way, best of luck to you.
 Mono_Giganto
07-16-2004, 2:02 PM
LoL what's funny is if you fight him with a blaster (I did that once. :emodanc: ) cause he
will just stand there like a lemon
and it's funny.
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 2:53 PM
Well theres one thing you know that i cant edit anything... :( i dont know how and i dont know where to start and all those info's that people here give doesnt make any sense to me?

But if someone here can personally teach me, then i would be willing to learn to edit saber damages and textures. Thank you!

If i would try to edit anything more than sabers i think my head would explode from all the knowledge i wouldnt understand.

So can someone teach me? ive got all night.
 Darth333
07-16-2004, 3:02 PM
1. Start reading the Guide for the Newbie and make sure you have the tools listed in the item making / textures section. There are some references to basic tutorials too.

2. Go to t7's sticky, "Do you want to start modding then start here" there are at least two light saber tutorials.

3. Try by yourself and if you can't figure out something, then ask. Also take time to simply explore the files with KT: you'll learn a lot doing this. You can also download some mods and look at how they were done. Compare the modified files with the original files.
 Achilles
07-16-2004, 3:41 PM
Well theres one thing you know that i cant edit anything... :( i dont know how and i dont know where to start and all those info's that people here give doesnt make any sense to me?

But if someone here can personally teach me, then i would be willing to learn to edit saber damages and textures. Thank you!

If i would try to edit anything more than sabers i think my head would explode from all the knowledge i wouldnt understand.

So can someone teach me? ive got all night.

Try these:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129450)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130491)

I tried to make them so that someone with zero experience could mod items by following the steps.

Let me know if this helps.

EDIT: Also, the most recent version of KotOR Tool will allow you to drag and drop to create custom items. It's extremely cool to use. I believe that Doom Dealers mod tutorial (referenced in Darth333's message above) includes a section on how to use this feature of the tool. Good luck!
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 4:15 PM
I will try to learn this for the whole night if i have to ;) But if you would be so kind and you would have spare time.. heh.. its hard to say but ill just sa it anyway: Could you make a saber for me?

I'd we so honored. :)
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 4:20 PM
If you make the decision to do this for me id like the saber to be purple(my favourite color :D ) and its name should be Juha Averys saber The stats should just me unbalancing so it would be god like saber :D

I suppose you wont do it but its would be an honor for me.

Or if anyone could make one? In Time i will learn to make my own saber but it will take me weeks to succeed so if u could just make something fast?
 Darth333
07-16-2004, 4:34 PM
I will try to learn this for the whole night if i have to ;) But if you would be so kind and you would have spare time..

Sorry but we would only repeat what is already written. The people who make tutorials put effort and time into their work. You should at least make the effort of reading the existing material. If you run into problems or don't understand a point, then post a precise question and you should normally get help.

Achillies pointed you at two of his tutorials: i think they are well done and very clear.

You should try doing your lightsaber by yourself: it requires efforts but it's rewarding and it's not difficult.
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 4:41 PM
When i said i will try to learn this for whole night i ment that i will try to learn it alone :D But after it i ment if someone could make a saber for me.

So anyone can?
 Darth333
07-16-2004, 4:44 PM
When i said i will try to learn this for whole night i ment that i will try to learn it alone :D But after it i ment if someone could make a saber for me.

So anyone can?
If you spend the entire night on this, you should be done by tomorrow morning ;)
 Juha Avery
07-16-2004, 4:48 PM
Well first i will try to do something simple such as renaming a saber. Or what would be the easiest thing to start with?
 Achilles
07-16-2004, 6:08 PM
Well first i will try to do something simple such as renaming a saber. Or what would be the easiest thing to start with?

Renaming a saber will take you about 10 seconds depending on how fast you type. I would recommend starting with a lightsaber (using either the traditional method outlined in my tutorial or new and improved method which involves editing in KT). It will take some time, but it is really very easy to do and you'll have lots of resources available.

Good luck!
Page: 1 of 1