Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scripting Help Details

Page: 2 of 2
 shukrallah
07-28-2004, 8:13 PM
Copy and paste makes you go faster, rather than retypeing everything. But wow, your really getting into this roxstar :) Nice job... youve done... like... 6 levels yourself!

At least we are over 50% complete. I would say 70% complete... around that anyways.
 RoxStar
07-28-2004, 8:15 PM
Huh? I just copy the file and then add the changes. I'm really bored today and Radiant is making me mad. I haven't really coded a lot even though I have the tools because it always frustrated me. But I guess thats changing. I'll have to install Microsoft Visual c++ later...
 RoxStar
07-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Just added kor2.
 razorace
07-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Well, yes, we're making great progress on the camera scripting changes.

However, we might also be stuck with doing some changes to the cutscene animation calls as well. From the looks of it, the MP engine simply can't handle multiple glas per model like SP does to get the cutscene animations run.

As such, we're probably going to have to merge all the cutscene animations into the main _humanoid.gla and then give each cutscene a new name. It's going to be a pain in the butt, but it will make the cutscenes look correct. Anyway, I'll let everyone know the procedure if/when it comes to that.
 RoxStar
07-29-2004, 1:28 PM
I'm doing t2_sour now.
 razorace
07-29-2004, 5:33 PM
I assume you mean t1_sour and I'm pretty sure I've already done that one.
 RoxStar
07-29-2004, 7:42 PM
Oh. Well good thing I didn't spend a lot of time on that. What should I do next then?
 shukrallah
07-29-2004, 9:34 PM
However, we might also be stuck with doing some changes to the cutscene animation calls as well. From the looks of it, the MP engine simply can't handle multiple glas per model like SP does to get the cutscene animations run.

Thats right! I forgot, in the mapping forum Keshire (I think) figured out how to get GLAs to work in SP. But no one has figured out how to get a different GLA to work in MP. Take single player, for example: in order to access the animations in _humaniod_academy1/_humaniod_academy1.gla the maps name must be academy1, and the scripts must be in scripts/academy1/

So, if someone wants to make a new SP campaign using the academy1.GLA animations, they would have to rename the GLAs to _humaniod_new_map/_humaniod_new_map.GLA.

Kinda sucks that you cant use 2 or 3 different GLAs per map, but I guess you can only take what you can get...

Im pretty sure your idea will work Razorace, (combining the GLAs) but the file size will be huge!
 razorace
07-29-2004, 9:37 PM
I'd suggest that we get the t1_ maps done first. That way we'll be able to release a demo of the whole tier 1 for people to play.
 razorace
07-29-2004, 9:41 PM
Im pretty sure your idea will work Razorace, (combining the GLAs) but the file size will be huge! [/B]

Well, unfortunately, that's really the only option we got. MP is missing the syscalls that SP used to do the multiple .glas argh!
 razorace
07-29-2004, 9:41 PM
Im pretty sure your idea will work Razorace, (combining the GLAs) but the file size will be huge! [/B]

Well, unfortunately, that's really the only option we got. MP is missing the syscalls that SP used to do the multiple .glas argh!

Anyway, my plan is to make the huge ass animation file a seperate download. Players will still be able to play CoOp, they just won't see all the animations in the cutscenes.
 razorace
07-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Ok, did a major update of the completed scripts listing. If your work isn't on the list, it means I didn't get those files. Let me know if that's the case.
 shukrallah
07-30-2004, 4:02 PM
Cool... I think all of the T1s are done, I think ill work on Vjun0 later on today. Thats only one script... I guess thats the cutscene where luke tells Jaden to go to Vjun, by the looks of it. Ill also see about doing Vjun1.

EDIT: OK, vjun0, and 1 are done. I guess ill work on Vjun2 and 3 now...
 razorace
07-30-2004, 7:05 PM
Yep, Tier 1 is finished. The intro sequence is finished as well.
 shukrallah
07-30-2004, 7:56 PM
And so are ALL the Vjun levels, including the cutscene when luke tells them to go there. (I think)

All of the main quests are done now: Yavin, Hoth, Vjun, and Korriban!
 shukrallah
07-30-2004, 8:15 PM
Hey, it appears you left T3_bounty off the list. Jeedai Jacen said he had done it, and sent it in. If you do have it, and just forgot it, then that means we only have one level left (I think) t3_hevil.

Also, about the vehicles, I was wrong, it wasnt the 'Use' command (in icarus) that made NPCs board ships/swoops, it was the

//(BHVD)
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_VEHICLE", "DEFAULT" );

command.

Dude, imagine a swoop race with OJP code... you could have tons of NPCs riding swoops, and with the scripting fully, or even mostly supported, you could have cutscenes, and have a completly unique swoop racing experience. Ive never been a fan of JKR.. but this would actually be cool :)

Ill try to get t3_hevil done tonight, and this thing.. over with I guess, unless something happend to the t3_bounty scripts...
 Jeedai Jacen
07-31-2004, 3:20 PM
I will resend t3_bounty.
 razorace
08-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Also, about the vehicles, I was wrong, it wasnt the 'Use' command (in icarus) that made NPCs board ships/swoops, it was the

//(BHVD)
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_VEHICLE", "DEFAULT" );

command.

Actually, it looks like t2_trip does use that function to get the riders on the vehicles. I'll have to check that out when I get to that point.

Dude, imagine a swoop race with OJP code... you could have tons of NPCs riding swoops, and with the scripting fully, or even mostly supported, you could have cutscenes, and have a completly unique swoop racing experience. Ive never been a fan of JKR.. but this would actually be cool :)

need mappers.

Anyway, skywalker is correct. All the JKA scripting is done or at least appears to be. :)

However, I think it might be worthwhile to go ahead and do the scripting for the JK2 maps as well. Since the JK2 maps use much less in terms of special characters and scripting, porting those maps should be almost as easy as grabbing the correct files from the jk2 cd. What do you guys think?
 keshire
08-01-2004, 3:02 AM
However, I think it might be worthwhile to go ahead and do the scripting for the JK2 maps as well.

If your going to do it. Go all the way.
 shukrallah
08-01-2004, 1:09 PM
I can map... Ill even quickly throw something together to show you some of my capabilities. Ill have to get the old JK2 scripts off my sisters pc.
 razorace
08-01-2004, 3:23 PM
Well,just remember that all the JK2 scripts are in the second JK2 SDK release just like with JKA.
 RoxStar
08-01-2004, 11:23 PM
I guess it should be easy... How many Jedi Outcast Levels are there?
 razorace
08-02-2004, 1:18 AM
There appears to be 21 maps worth of scripting for the JK2 maps.
 shukrallah
08-02-2004, 1:05 PM
Aye, it should be a lot easier, JK2 had less cutscenes, less animations, less levels, and the scripting was a lot less advanced than JKA. There werent as many complex camera movements, and things like that. Just watch the cutscenes and youll see a difference than with JKA.
 RoxStar
08-03-2004, 6:56 PM
I just did the first level. Artus_detention I think.
 Jeedai Jacen
08-05-2004, 6:46 PM
I just did yavin_canyon.
 AIVAS
08-06-2004, 7:34 PM
ARCH! Why do I always find out about this stuff after I get back from vacation! Bleh, this would have beem just perfect...
 razorace
08-06-2004, 9:22 PM
We're not finished yet. The JK2 scriptings still needs to be completed.
 RoxStar
10-12-2004, 1:46 PM
Just did Artus_Mine I just don't know where to send it....
 razorace
10-12-2004, 4:52 PM
I've pmed you the address.
 razorace
03-06-2005, 3:32 AM
New help needed. I need some people to go thru and create some skip scripts for the cutscenes. Unfortunately, it looks like Raven decided to not include any.

Basically a skip script is called whenever someone attempts to skip a cutscene. All the skip script has to do is shut down the cutscene. It shouldn't be too difficult.
 LightNinja
03-06-2005, 5:01 PM
Originally posted by razorace
New help needed.
i've seen a guy in gamingforums who is scripter and wants to do something for JA:
http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=181291)
 shukrallah
03-08-2005, 9:08 PM
They had some skip scripts.

I don't see the point in including them though, because then all the players will skip the cutscenes. What happens if I want to watch but then one guy skips and kills the NPCs? Its an unfair advantage.
 razorace
03-09-2005, 10:53 AM
I've yet to see any of the skip scripts ingame.

Also, OJP's cutscene system is controlled by a server cvar. You can either disable skipping entirely, force cutscene skipping, or leave it up to the players. Currently, if enabled, the skip is toggled by any players. However, the cutscenes are all or nothing, everyone watchs the cutscene or they don't.

I think the main reason we want skip scripts at this point is becuase the beta testers have seen the t1_sour cutscene like 20 times. :)
Page: 2 of 2