Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Comic Con

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
07-15-2004, 11:37 AM
I can't wait to see the pics from Comic Con. Here's a list of what's all gonna be there:

2 Toys 'R' Us 4-packs: Endor Ambush and Naboo Final Conflict

Toys 'R' Us Jedi Council Scenes 3 and 4

2 Wal-Mart carry cases: C-3PO and Darth Vader!

The first glance at the NEW Unleashed IG-88

The next wave of vintage OTC figures from Return of the Jedi: Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, and R2-D2!

Plus, they're gonna have this cool poster I wanna get my hands on if somehow they'll distribute it outside of the place.

http://hasbro.com/starwars/images/news/SW_poster.jpg)

It's the ANH movie poster using the VOTC guys. Tarkin is missing from it I think; he should be near Obi-Wan. But other than that, it's almost exactly like the real poster :D

And of course, after this happens we'll be able to get our hands on that Silver Sandtrooper.
 daring dueler
07-15-2004, 9:56 PM
That is a nice poster...
 dark jedi 8
07-24-2004, 3:49 PM
yep. the only vintage figue i have doubts about is the luke one ( what with the soft goods) but he looks pretty good in that poster.
 daring dueler
07-24-2004, 7:37 PM
Yeah, the cloth....they use too light of i cloth..it just doesnt look good.
 Katarn07
07-24-2004, 8:04 PM
Rubber would have been the best choice (that's how Art Asylum makes their Star Trek guys look and pose super well). Oh well, it could be worse. It could be alot worse. Don't ask me how, but we've seen what Hasbro can do to mess with our heads.

I preordered the first 8 vintage styled guys (Luke, Han, Leia, Obi-Wan, Vader, Yoda, Lando, 3P0) from Entertainment Earth. It cost a little above retail ($90 I think) but now I'm guaranteed to get them in mint condition. They're shipping in August.
 daring dueler
07-24-2004, 11:19 PM
I pre-ordered them (www.johnstoys.com) i pretty much have evrything pre-ordered....that way i get at leats one of every figure, at least what joh gets in. Hes getting in the otc 12" soon, reserved myself a boba :D
 Katarn07
07-25-2004, 5:18 PM
I preordered the three 12" VOTC sometime ago. Are you getting them in and out or what? I'm tempted to get duplicates of Boba, Stormie, and the KB exclusive Chewie....
 daring dueler
07-25-2004, 9:52 PM
well at the moment i have one boba coming, ill open him, and maybe get a double, but i will buy one of the others, and not open. maybe open stormie.
 dark jedi 8
07-27-2004, 1:48 PM
i was just in k-mart and seen a 12"luke in the vintage style packaging. the box was real thin, i dont know if it was the VOTC one or just a repack, b/c i really don't follow the 12" line.
 Katarn07
07-27-2004, 2:03 PM
It's a new Luke. He's got that stupid grin on his face :p

If I see a Luke, I won't get it. I'm definately not getting him in and out.
 daring dueler
07-27-2004, 11:10 PM
yeah, i only want boba out, nd maybe a stormie, hell, its cool, and almost marmit.
 Katarn07
08-05-2004, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
yeah, i only want boba out, nd maybe a stormie, hell, its cool, and almost marmit.

Took mine out and it's super poseable and uber cool :D I have decided against Boba and Chewie loose. In their box is good enough.
 daring dueler
08-06-2004, 10:35 AM
ill keep all in but boba...you know why....
Page: 1 of 1