Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New character - Telkka Zil

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
07-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Greetings,

I have created a new NPC and he is available for download at pcgamemods:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/6165/)

From the readme...

Telkka Zil Mod by Achilles

Character Information

Name: Telkka Zil
Race: Quarren
Homeworld: Mon Calamari
Class: Jedi Consular
Level: 8
Vitality Pts: 48/48
Force Pts: 64
Alignment: 80 (Medium Light)

*Attributes*

Strengtth: 10
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 10
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 14

*Skills*

Computer Use: 3
Demolitions: 0
stealth: 0
Awareness: 0
Persuade: 0
Repair: 3
Security: 3
Treat Injury: 3

*Feats*

Default Jedi Feats -

Jedi Defense
Jedi Sense
Knight Sense
Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Pistol
Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber
Weapon Proficiency: Melee Weapons

Default Class Feats -

Force Focus
Improved Force Focus

Other Starting Feats-

Conditioning
Gear Head
Toughness

*Force Powers*

Burst of Speed
Cure
Disable Droid
Force Aura
Force Push
Force Shield
Force Valor
Stun
Stun Droid
Throw Lightsaber

Creator's Notes

I thought it would be fun to make a recruitable mod that involved making a new NPC. I wanted to make
it unique, so I selected a Quarren since the game already had all the necessary files to make one. I
decided to have him replace HK-47 in Lightside games, so I tried to arrange it so that you could only
recruit him after you've pacified the Sand People Chieftain. This mod really helped me learn a lot of
new skills, including dialog creation and scripting.

Files Modified

Portraits.2da - Assigns GUI portrait to the NPC

p_telkkazil.dlg - NPC dialog during initial meeting

p_telkkazilc.dlg - NPC dialog after joining the party

tat20_09cheif_01.dlg - Dialog with Sand People Chieftain that triggers NPC spawn

destroy_telkka.nss/ncs - Source/compiled script that removes NPC from area after successfully recruting him

recruit_telkka.nss/ncs - Source/compiled script that removes HK-47 from the party and adds new NPC

spawn_telkkazil.nss/ncs - Source/compiled script that triggers NPC to appear after pacifying the Sand People Cheiftain

po_telkkazil.tga - NPC portrait that appears in the GUI

p_telkkazil.utc - Character file for NPC after joining your party

telkkazil.utc - Character file for NPC during intital meeting

Images

http://img41.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img41&image=Telkkameet.jpg)
http://img41.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img41&image=Telkkadlg.jpg)
http://img41.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img41&image=Telkkafght.jpg)
http://img41.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img41&image=Telkkacharscn.jpg)

Special thanks to Darth333 and Doom Dealer for their crash course in scripting. I hope I never have to learn more than I have =)
 Jackel
07-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Good work Achilles, new NPCs are always welcome.
 Achilles
07-14-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Jackel
Good work Achilles, new NPCs are always welcome.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope to have a DS Belaya out by this weekend.
 Colja
07-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Nice work achilles. I am wondering if you used my quarren reskin as a basis. Good work anyways.:D
 Achilles
07-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Colja
Nice work achilles. I am wondering if you used my quarren reskin as a basis. Good work anyways.:D

No, I used the file from the game. I wasn't aware that you had a reskin. I didn't steal your mod did I?
 Colja
07-15-2004, 12:04 AM
No worries man, I just had a gauntlet and reskin that looked very much the same as yours......and the changing the original cape from red to brown made me think it was mine. Take a look.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5534/)
 Achilles
07-15-2004, 12:15 AM
No worries man, I just had a gauntlet and reskin that looked very much the same as yours......and the changing the original cape from red to brown made me think it was mine. Take a look.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/5534/)

You know what, I do have your reskin in my override from when I installed your mod (hence why the screenies look like your mod). If you check the download itself you'll see that I didn't include any texture files, so hopefully you'll believe me when I say that it was an honest mistake that your reskin showed up in my screenshot. The mod is intended to use the file provided by the game. Please accept my sincerest apology for the error and let me know if you'd like for me to pull the screens.

Thanks!
 Colja
07-15-2004, 12:37 AM
No man, I completely understand, a simple mistake. I am glad to see you are using my mods and please don't take offense to any this. :D Again, great job.
 Mav
07-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Good Job Achillies, I always liked that Quarren species:D :D :D
 Achilles
07-15-2004, 12:44 AM
No man, I completely understand, a simple mistake. I am glad to see you are using my mods and please don't take offense to any this. :D Again, great job.

Thanks for understanding. The last thing I want to do is rip anyone off.
 Achilles
07-15-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
Good Job Achillies, I always liked that Quarren species:D :D :D

Thanks and me too =) Any suggestions for another unique species NPC?
 Mav
07-15-2004, 12:54 AM

Hmm I would have to say that maybe a Kath hound Jedi would be unique ...lol just kidding, I dunno a Bith Jeid would be too musical ...lol and the Duros just don't seem to fit as Jedi, but Duros would be good Scoundrel NPCs I guess, I'm just trying to think of models that are already in the game, I know someone made a Trandosharan (sp?) Jedi mod, let me get back to you on unique Jeid species. Oh and by the way I like how your NPC Quarren is a Jedi Consular I think that is the class that best fits the specie's "look"
 Achilles
07-15-2004, 1:20 AM
Oh and by the way I like how your NPC Quarren is a Jedi Consular I think that is the class that best fits the specie's "look"

The game had him as a Jedi Guardian, but based on the stats he had, I made him a Sentinel. I was almost finished with the mod when I decided to make on minor tweek to his stats and changed his class to Consular =)
 Jackel
07-15-2004, 2:31 AM
Hmm I would have to say that maybe a Kath hound Jedi would be unique ...lol just kidding
Damnit you stole my line! LOL i was about to respond with the same thing when i say that line :p
 RedHawke
07-15-2004, 2:49 AM
Originally posted by Achillies

How about a Black-Robed Red-Eyed Jawa Sith Lord who wields a Red Short Saber named Darth Weebul... :p
 Achilles
07-15-2004, 3:51 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
How about a Black-Robed Red-Eyed Jawa Sith Lord who wields a Red Short Saber named Darth Weebul... :p

Someone leaked my mod! Funny, I was never part of Ancient Empires....
 Mav
07-15-2004, 4:00 AM
Jackel, sorry dude I didn't mean to steal from you...lol:D :D , oh and RedHawke Darth Weebul...LOL :D :D :D very funny man, I :D have to see that!!!
 RedHawke
07-15-2004, 6:34 AM
Originally posted by Achillies
Someone leaked my mod! Funny, I was never part of Ancient Empires....

Well you asked for ideas about a unique species NPC, you never said Good Ideas for an NPC Achilles! :D

Jackel, sorry dude I didn't mean to steal from you...lol:D :D , oh and RedHawke Darth Weebul...LOL :D :D :D very funny man, I :D have to see that!!!

:D
 Achilles
07-15-2004, 6:48 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Well you asked for ideas about a unique species NPC, you never said Good Ideas for an NPC Achilles! :D

:D

Remind me never to do that again =)
 Darth_ToMeR
07-15-2004, 7:42 AM
Nice. good idea.
 Darth Dex
07-15-2004, 8:02 AM
Good mod!
 Colma Adawin
07-15-2004, 9:21 AM
Im going to enjoy using this one!!! as i ALWAYS play LS on KotOR:D thanks Bud!!!

MattCole
 Darth Gungis
07-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
Im going to enjoy using this one!!! as i ALWAYS play LS on KotOR:D thanks Bud!!!

MattCole

Then Matt, i am the exact opposite of you...

GOOD WORK! This is a mod im going to DL even if i play LS or DS!
I have long wanted to see more unique characters in the game.
EXCELLENT MOD!:D
 Achilles
07-15-2004, 4:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth Gungis
Then Matt, i am the exact opposite of you...

GOOD WORK! This is a mod im going to DL even if i play LS or DS!
I have long wanted to see more unique characters in the game.
EXCELLENT MOD!:D

Thank you! If you like this mod, keep an eye out for more like it coming soon.
 Sunslayer
07-15-2004, 11:44 PM
NPC? Don't you mean playable character or party member? an NPC is a non-playable character, like someone you talk to in the game but can't control.

Anyways, it looks awesome!
 Achilles
07-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Sunslayer
NPC? Don't you mean playable character or party member? an NPC is a non-playable character, like someone you talk to in the game but can't control.

Anyways, it looks awesome!

To the best of my knowledge, NPC mean "Non-player character" meaning a character other than yours. NPC can be party members or non-party members, but they're still NPC's. You might try Google for a more detailed explanation.

Glad you enjoy the mod. I'll be posting more of them soon =)
 RedHawke
07-16-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Sunslayer

Actually Sunslayer the term NPC is a Paper and Pencil RPG term that stands for Non-Player Character. As KOTOR is built off of the D20 Pnp RPG these terms remain.

Only your first PC or Player Character is called a PC, everyone else in the game is an NPC, as you do not have control over them.

The NPC's that go with you on the Ebon Hawk come with pre-assigned skills and classes, though you can control them in the game, and choose what they get when they level up, so technically, in PnP RPG terms they are NPC Hirelings.
Page: 1 of 1