Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Im baaaaack..

Page: 1 of 1
 EvilJedi
07-14-2004, 7:07 PM
Yes I am! Whenever I try to play my map I get the error:

ERROR: Sv_setbrushmodel
NULL model
for ent
number 9

Alright, so I look at the error thread, dont understand what it means and I am a little farther off of understanding what the problem is.

The error thread says the following:

ERROR: SV_SetBrushModel: NULL
The map has some brush ents which are only one unit thick (paper thin). I'm not sure what the minimum thickness is supposed to be, but it apparently needs to be thicker than one unit. You may also get this error when you have a brush model entity which does not have any valid brushes, i.e. a func_rotating with nothing but a common/origin brush. This could also be caused by a func_areaportal with a common/areaportal brush.

so what is the problem really? How do I fix it.

I tried deleting entity number 9, but that wasn't the case. Is it BRUSH 9 i should delete or what?
 EvilJedi
07-15-2004, 1:09 PM
anyone?????????????????
 WadeV1589
07-15-2004, 1:51 PM
Have you made an entity that has the origin texture in it somewhere or tried to make an entity with a brush covered in only the origin texture; 9/10 people have made an error with the origin texture to cause this.
 EvilJedi
07-15-2004, 3:55 PM
Well.. I have put textures and shaders that didnt appear on Radiant, like my physics_clip comes out as a see-through "Shader not found". The shaders still work though.

I also have made some of my own textures that have errors when I load them, and come out as "Shader not found". I compiled to find out if they still worked in-game. These are usually images, posters for on the walls, and other things of that sort that are thin.

The error is:
WARNING: JPEG library failed to load textures/vos/kurtcobain.jpg because progressive JPEGs not supported, use regular JPEG intead.
WARNING: Activate shader failed for textures/vos/kurcobain.jpg

The image in this example is a poster of kurt cobain... I made a really thin brush and put that texture on there, is that the problem?
 EvilJedi
07-15-2004, 5:41 PM
Well I solved the problem with the progressive textures, but it doesn't make a difference, I still get that st00pid error. I have no idea where that entity as an origin brush would be.
Page: 1 of 1