Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

offline emotes

Page: 1 of 1
 TK-425
07-14-2004, 10:15 AM
um in MP offline against bots can you use xmod ja+ mod or somthing or are those mods just for servers

also how do you host a game without a server
it says in my creat a game menu *JEDI* or somthing like that
do i change this to another server name out there
 Tinny
07-14-2004, 1:16 PM
you can just load up the mod and when you go to advanced options, change the dedicated server option to no. you can then start a game with bots and the stuff in the mod :)
 Kurgan
07-15-2004, 3:40 PM
Solo game works too.

PS: JA has its own built in emotes, seperate from the ones that mods like Xmod2, JA+ etc add to the game.

These are also usable in SP mode.
 TK-425
07-17-2004, 9:36 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Solo game works too.

PS: JA has its own built in emotes, seperate from the ones that mods like Xmod2, JA+ etc add to the game.

These are also usable in SP mode.

yah i know i want somthing different
 Kurgan
07-17-2004, 4:38 PM
Ok.

Yes, just get the client and server versions of the mod in question and you can "host" your own server and play against bots (including in solo game, ie: offline) using whatever emotes or features that mod possesses without other humans present.
 TK-425
07-18-2004, 8:38 AM
so what your saying is that all i have to do is download and install
and i dont need to get a server from like jediservers.com or enything right cuz i dont run a server and dont want to
 Samuel Dravis
07-18-2004, 1:10 PM
No need to buy a server, just load up JA with the mod on and start a local game. Easy! :)
 Kurgan
07-18-2004, 1:19 PM
To change the "name" of your server, in game (in the console) type:

\rcon sv_hostname "name of your server here"

and hit enter.

If you're already logged in or something, you can just do it like:

\sv_hostname "name of your server here"

enter.

Done.
Page: 1 of 1