Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR content that never made it into the game

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
07-13-2004, 4:05 PM
I just found this online and thought that you might find this interesting. I wonder if any of these modules are hidden in the game for us...

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10077&newsid=21597)

Armchair Empire has posted an interview with Bioware's Case Hudson, Producer/Project Director, and James Ohlen, Lead Designer of the Star Wars: KotOR(PC) game. In it, they talked about the game itself and gave some descriptions of the entire world, Sleheyron, that was left out due to time constraints.

KOTOR was delayed many times and came out nearly perfect. Were there any items or worlds that were left out due to time issues? If so, what was left out?

JO/CH: An entire world had to be left out due to time constraints. The first pass level art was finished, but time was running out, so we decided to cut it. The world was called Sleheyron and it was one of the many planets in Hutt space. Sleheyron was supposed to be one of the most industrialized worlds in the galaxy. It was going to be a world paved over with layer upon layer of gas refineries, landing bays, slave pens and ship construction yards. The biggest level was going to be a massive coliseum where the Hutt lords pitted their gladiator slaves against one another.

We cut several sections out of Tatooine. The Star Map on Tatooine was originally located in the maw of a Sarlacc pit. The player had to find the Sarlacc pit in a cave complex and then figure out how to descend into the pit without becoming the Sarlacc’s next snack. We were also going to allow the player to become a sort of messiah of the Sandpeople and lead them against their Czerka corporation oppressors.

We cut several sections from Taris, more for pacing reasons than because of schedule pressures. There used to be three levels in the Black Vulkar base. The Gammoreans used to have a stronghold in the Undercity. There was also a trash compactor puzzle in the sewers.
 Mav
07-13-2004, 4:10 PM
Well the Sleheyron part will likely not be found anywhere since he said that they were only in the first stages of the designing of the world when they scrapped it, but I believe someone found some sort of extra Taris module that was supposed to be in the Black Vulkar base, but I can't remember where.
 svцsh
07-13-2004, 4:35 PM
Lol :) Mav i had the Sleheyron area models in 3ds max the coliseum and a few of the others, and they are big :D

If any of you have not played this i don't care where you are in the game go there now and be sure to check out the lounge and tak to the people there all of them. The only way out is the elevator you came in from

Warp Tar_M10AB the secret level in the Vulkar base :)

And play some Pazzak you'll have a ball :eek:

enjoy svцsh
 Strider74205
07-13-2004, 5:24 PM
I think i may have found some textures for sleheyron, including the sky textures. but they might also be for the taris undercity I don't know. They all have the LSL prefix.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/775472/LSL_sky01copy.jpg)

btw it normally looks a lot better than this, its just been turned into a jpeg and compressed a lot :(
 Darth Dex
07-13-2004, 5:51 PM
Too bad...the game would have been even cooler (is that possible):fett:
 Colma Adawin
07-13-2004, 5:58 PM
Originally posted by Strider74205
I think i may have found some textures for sleheyron, including the sky textures. but they might also be for the taris undercity I don't know. They all have the LSL prefix.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/775472/LSL_sky01copy.jpg)

btw it normally looks a lot better than this, its just been turned into a jpeg and compressed a lot :(

so is Sleheyron in our games, just not active then? becoz i've seen this pic before, on Holowan but i cant remember where, but no matter, so if this unactive world did / does exsist in our games, would we be able to activate it or do we need Lucas Arts to create some kind of ' KotOR expansion pack ' so we can do everything that we were SUPPOSED to do and have?

MattCole

EDIT* do you think Lucas Arts will release either an expansion pack for KotOR or an update so we can access these worlds?
 Darth_ToMeR
07-13-2004, 6:20 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
so is Sleheyron in our games, just not active then? becoz i've seen this pic before, on Holowan but i cant remember where, but no matter, so if this unactive world did / does exsist in our games, would we be able to activate it or do we need Lucas Arts to create some kind of ' KotOR expansion pack ' so we can do everything that we were SUPPOSED to do and have?

MattCole

EDIT* do you think Lucas Arts will release either an expansion pack for KotOR or an update so we can access these worlds?
No, they will not. They didn't finish Sleyheron, so we can't go there (maybe we could, but the game will just crash or we'll see sky texture on the ground or something).
 Mav
07-13-2004, 7:17 PM
AHHH OMG that female pazaak player is really my crazy cross-dressing uncle Eddie... that was the first time I got scared playing a video game.
 RedHawke
07-13-2004, 11:52 PM
^^^^^
They should have left that lost Vulkar module in the game, extra exp is nice. :D

At least Mav when you warp there you get some pre-packaged spice...

Mmmmmm Pre-Packaged Spice...

:D

Originally posted by MattColejk

They are Matt, its called KOTOR 2! :D
 T7nowhere
07-14-2004, 12:57 AM
 Achilles
07-14-2004, 1:34 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I think we talked about this before you came here Achillies.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126275&highlight=beta+korriban)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126869&highlight=beta+korriban)

Old news man. ;)

here is another thread talking about unused items http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=126119)

Interesting stuff. Thanks for the links.
 Colma Adawin
07-14-2004, 3:24 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
They are Matt, its called KOTOR 2! :D

Very funny RedHawke :) i was merely asking a question, and you blew it up in my face :P (im joking so dont worry about it)

Darth ToMeR thanks for the input :D its a shame though i would've loved to see Sletheron ( so would the rest of you, even if you say you dont ) :)

MattCole
Page: 1 of 1