Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making new weapons

Page: 1 of 1
 Griever Angelus
07-13-2004, 9:22 AM
hey everyone im a new member ive had kotor for the last 2 months i completed it and then left it for a while but a few days ago i found out about kotor mods while looking thru download.com for a program,since then ive been to a few sites and downloaded lots of great mods but ive been wondering is there any programs u can download that lets u design a brand new weapon cause im also a final fantasy fan and id love to see a gunblade in kotor,does anyone know how i cud do this or cud anyone do this for me any info will be helpful thanx:)
 Darth Dex
07-13-2004, 10:07 AM
A program no a turttal (i can't spell) yes.
You seek The sticky called want to mod SW-KotOR? Then start here! Yes, that is it! That is what you want.
[Mind Trick] You will I got there now
[Sucess]
:yoda:
 Darth Dex
07-13-2004, 10:08 AM
BTW, welcome to the forums! :jawa
 Griever Angelus
07-13-2004, 12:30 PM
thanx, i think i understood wot u said still confused tho
 Achilles
07-13-2004, 1:41 PM
Originally posted by Griever Angelus
thanx, i think i understood wot u said still confused tho

It sounds as though your suggestion would require a new model. As long as the model didn't require animations (doesn't sound like it does), then it could probably be made with modelling software and ported into the game.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do any of these things, I only understand the concepts behind them. There are a few people on this board that are working in this area, however I imagine that they have very little free time to work on all the requests that are out there.
 Griever Angelus
07-13-2004, 6:43 PM
animations?,nah its a gunblade its basically a sword with a gun for a handle and hilt if i cud find a program like to make and paint a 3d mesh and turn it into a file for the override folder i cud easily make it myself wud be simple but i just dont know wot programs to use
 wingzro
07-13-2004, 7:31 PM
currently you can't really implement any changes to the shape of items. you could design it in say 3dsmax, but so far you wouldn't be able to put it in game.
 RedHawke
07-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Griever Angelus
animations?,nah its a gunblade its basically a sword with a gun for a handle and hilt if i cud find a program like to make and paint a 3d mesh and turn it into a file for the override folder i cud easily make it myself wud be simple but i just dont know wot programs to use

First off I would like to say... Gun Blades are Cool! :D

Now for the bad news... Even if you created the model, made an item file for it, got it to be able to both shoot blaster bolts and hack on targets, you still would have to overcome the game engine itself.

That is why you cannot have a Blaster in one hand and a Lightsabre or Blade in the other because the games AI cannot handle that, it would either just shoot all the time or, more likely, the game would hang or crash.

Sorry! :(
 cchargin
07-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Hello all,

currently you can't really implement any changes to the shape of items. you could design it in say 3dsmax, but so far you wouldn't be able to put it in game.

You can modify sword and blaster models and get them back into the game!

I did a G11:
http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/mission-g11.jpg)

Orsan did an E-11 blaster and a Boba Fett helmet. His site is all in Russian, but you can find it.
http://kotormods.t-k.ru/)

As stated by Darth Dex goto:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122049)

look for my name: cchargin and you will find the kotor model tool (mdlops). Then look around some more in the post and find all the other tools you should have (like kotor tool) and a bunch of cool mods.

For a gun I blade I would make 2 items that use the same model. 1 item would be a blaster, the other item would be a sword. Then in game you equip the blaster model to shoot, then when combat gets close you equip the sword version. Think of it as changing your combat style to suite the situation.
 Griever Angelus
07-14-2004, 10:24 AM
no i dont want the gunblade to fire shots i just want to use it as a sword,proper gunblades dont fire bullets the rounds in the gun when fired heat the blade up to increase the cutting power of the blade
 cchargin
07-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Hello,

proper gunblades dont fire bullets the rounds in the gun when fired heat the blade up to increase the cutting power of the blade
Ah, I see that I am not up to date on the current state technology!

I will just keep using my pointed stick. ;)
 Mav
07-16-2004, 12:50 AM
no i dont want the gunblade to fire shots i just want to use it as a sword,proper gunblades dont fire bullets the rounds in the gun when fired heat the blade up to increase the cutting power of the blade

In that case you should be able to make and import your new model sword into the game, which I look forward to.:D
 Griever Angelus
07-16-2004, 11:08 AM
yeh ill try and get one made but for the now ill show u a pic of the gunblade i wanna put in the game,the revolver this is it here http://finalfantasy.gamesalone.it/ff8/gunblade-vero.jpg) thats a proper one some guy had made,jammy git
Page: 1 of 1