Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

need help on my 'Spin Cycle' map

Page: 1 of 1
 pheeph
07-12-2004, 3:49 PM
I'm having a really hard time trying to get some things on my map to spin around. The 'Spin Cycle' map is to have a center arena with two (or three) concentric circles with each one going the opposite direction. So far I'm trying to get one single circular platform (with an origin brush attached) to spin, but the func_rotate and func_group doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me?
 Jedi_Vogel
07-12-2004, 6:12 PM
You might want to check out the thread "A rolling stone", cos I think it might have the help you're looking for.

In short, it's scripting.
 Codja X
07-13-2004, 5:02 AM
Put the origin brush where you want the platform to spin around. Select all the brushes (including the origin brush), right click and go to func_rotate.

It defaults to rotating around the z-axis (much like a old vinyl record player), but you can change this is the entity properties box.

To rotate it the other direction on the same axis, I think you have to use a negative speed value, unless there is a key i've missed to set it clockwise/anticlockwise.

That should work - if it doesn't then I don't know what's happening.
 *Dark
07-13-2004, 5:09 AM
The only problem i see with that is that the platforms might be jerkey, and i would not want to duel on something that is jerkey
Page: 1 of 1