Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changing Characters

Page: 1 of 1
 djlucite
07-12-2004, 4:02 AM
Is there any way to alter your character's physical appearance midgame?

For example, change species/gender (and all other stuff like if you change gender, your voice changes too)?

Thanks in advance.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-12-2004, 4:36 AM
If you are talking about single-player the answer is yes.

And if TK-8252 was writing this post, that would have been the end of it. But since I know you are asking not only IF it is possible but also HOW to do it I will answer your question completely:

During the game open the console with Shift and ~, then enter

playermodel <species> head_x torso_y lower_z

<species> choices are:

jedi_hm = Human male
jedi_hf = Human female
jedi_kdm = Kel Dor male
jedi_tf = Twi'lek female
jedi_rm = Rodian male
jedi_zf = Zabrak female

The heads, torsos, and legs (lower) have names like head_a1, torso_c1, lower_b1, etc. corresponding to the different choices.

So you if you wanted a Rodian male with the third head choice, the second torso choice, and the first leg choice you would open the console and enter

playermodel jedi_rm head_c1 torso_b1 lower_a1

To change the color tint of the clothes (or Twi'lek female skin) you enter

playertint <R> <G> <B>

where <R> <G> and <B> are numbers between 0 and 255 for the amount of red, green, and blue in the color you want. You can use MS Paint to give you the RGB values for any color.
 TK-8252
07-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Bah you!
 djlucite
07-12-2004, 8:49 PM
So does this change the voice for the character too? or is there another command?

Oh yeah, and does this stay permanent, or when I beat the level, will it revert to my original character?

Thanks again.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-13-2004, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by djlucite
So does this change the voice for the character too? or is there another command?

Oh yeah, and does this stay permanent, or when I beat the level, will it revert to my original character?

Thanks again.

I'm not certain it changes the voice but I'm pretty sure it does. Try it and find out. And the new character continues on unless you change it again, but it doesn't change the character in games you've already saved.

BTW, the voice acting for the female species is way way better than the male. I don't think anyone who has heard both has disagreed yet. I don't think I could stand playing the whole game listening to that male Jaden. It just seems more natural to have a female Jaden, feeding into the rivarlry between Jaden and Rosh, the "Mulder and Scully" teamwork of Kyle and Jaden on some missions, and the confrontations between Jaden and Alora, and Jaden and the "final boss".

And I won't even plug my Human Female Jedi (Jaden) Skin Expansion Mod (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=538) for those who want more choices for a Human Female Jaden, because that would be shameless advertising.
 TK-8252
07-13-2004, 5:46 PM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
And I won't even plug my Human Female Jedi (Jaden) Skin Expansion Mod (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=538) for those who want more choices for a Human Female Jaden, because that would be shameless advertising.

Nice. :D
 TK-425
07-13-2004, 7:48 PM
to change the voice type "snd jaden_fmle" or "snd jaden_male" for the male

also i like male jaden better it fits my personal charicter better

btw if you load a saved game with your prev skin it will automaticly change back to that skin same thing with the voices
also i dont think the voice thing works in cutscenes you might want to try "sex male" "sex female" *enyone thinking of joking about this SHUT UP*
Page: 1 of 1