Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Motf

Page: 1 of 1
 TheBrightLight
07-12-2004, 12:53 AM
I Think there should be a version of MOTF mod for Jeidi Academy and a SP & MP version for both Jedi Academy & Jedi Outcast, ho agrees and ho is willing to make it.

All the info you need should be here:-
http://motf.jk2files.com/motf.cgi?action=about)

P.S. Thanks for listening. :saberg:
 TK-8252
07-12-2004, 1:05 AM
Couple things...

1) This belongs in the Editing Requests (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&forumid=402) forum.

2) MotF cannot be made for single player because it requires the source code which has not and will not be released for single player.
 Samuel Dravis
07-12-2004, 1:42 AM
You shouldn't make more than one post about a certain subject in two different sections, but for convience's sake, here's what I said to your other post:

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Yes, I believe that RazorAce is making a MotF mod for JA. However, right now he's working on The Open Jedi Project, upon which his new MotF will be based. Check out the forums and the website for the OJP in my sig. :cool:

Contact info is on the OJP site and you can PM Razor through this board (his SN here is "razorace").
 razorace
07-12-2004, 7:27 AM
You know, we did put up all our contact information on MotF website for a reason. :)

Anyway, at this point, I really consider OJP to the successor to MotF. I can easily state that OJP has had more work done on it than MotF. Since I feel that OJP has filled MotF's place in the modding scene, I don't really see the need to operate it under a different label now.

In addition, I've already ported most of the good MotF stuff over to OJP. However, OJP is less errr...directed..than MotF and, most of all, basically open source.

Both of which I think is a good thing! Unfortunately, the modding community is still just a gallery of egoistical rogues (myself included) and non-doers, so I've never been able to gather more than Keshire and myself into any sort of active modding team (besides design work). I don't feel that the originally broad scope of MotF is doable with a fully active roster of just myself.

If you want to help, feel free. However, I must stress that I am rather busy working on a truely functional CoOp gamemode for JKA so I'll not be able to hold people's hands if they don't know C/C++.

Hopefully when I'm done we'll hopefully put to rest the whole, "oh, there's no SP code!" issue. :) Right now I'm handling the hard part of doing all the cutscene camera work.

And no, I'm not BSing here. I'm getting technical assistance and snippets of SP code directly from the source on this one. If you want proof, I got some SP source code that I doubt anyone outside of Raven has seen and I'm willing to share. However, it's not really useable for anything other than what I'm currently doing so I doubt anyone will want it.
Page: 1 of 1