Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK with the Source code.

Page: 1 of 1
 racecarbob
07-11-2004, 4:22 PM
I think that would be so cool. Imagine using the force to push things that actually have physics. just Imagine what could be done with such coolness. Lucasarts I think you need to consider this.
 Kurgan
07-13-2004, 4:49 AM
The JA & JK2 MP SDK's are already released.

If you want the full source, it will never happen, because game companies don't do that with commercially viable properties.

At best, they will do like has been done already, release a limited bit of source that lets you modify some parts of the engine for free in your free projects (with legal limitations of course).

However, in the case of the SP (Single Player) SDK's for JK2 and JA, Raven has said "no" to both of those (they probably are limited by LucasArts's legal department in this regard) so don't hold your breath.

Likewise it's been many years and no game in the Dark Forces series has had source released prior to JK2.
 razorace
07-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Actually, I believe he's talking about Source, the Half-Life 2 engine.

racecarbob, don't count on Source being the best thing since sliced bread. It's going to be the first engine created by a development company with only one game under their belts. While it does look cool, I fear it's going to be marred by the overhype and hardware requirements.
 acdcfanbill
07-14-2004, 10:00 AM
also, valve are not the gods of physics, recall they are using havoc 2 :) in fact, the havoc team was pretty pissed off wehn hl2's source was leaked because the havoc 2 source was leaked too.
 Kurgan
07-15-2004, 3:41 PM
Ah, my bad then.

Confusingly worded... ; )
Page: 1 of 1