Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

cameras during conversations

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 2:30 PM
Sometime ago we have investigated the cameras in kotor. However, the question has only been half answered and a few elements remain unaswered.
Let's say that during a conversation I want to force wave a group of 15 or so npcs. I can position the camera on one of them but I can't really see the whole scene with all the npcs. I was thinking of making a cutscene but has someone figured out another (lazy) way to do it?
 messkell
07-11-2004, 8:01 PM
Darth333, have you could try using an invisible placeable instead of a camera?

for example, let's say you have 15 npcs that you want to lightning "fry". during the conversation, create an invisible placeable at a strategic viewpoint that will center about the npcs.
then have the invisible placeable be the listener during the actual implementation of the lightning "fry" script.

I haven't tried this in a cutscene, so don't shoot me if it doesn't work/function properly :)
 Darth333
07-11-2004, 10:14 PM
I'll try that. Don't worry, you'll stay alive even if it doesn't work :D Thanks :)
 tk102
07-14-2004, 12:37 AM
I agree with messkell, same suggestion. I'm too lazy to attempt it at this point. I am a little curious as to how the camera responds duing a ActionPauseConversation call.

Contingency: If you attach the script to a blank Entry and it doesn't work, you could try also to attach the script to the Reply and make the .utp the Speaker (though you'll have to add this field in GFF Editor, and I'm not sure it will help.)
Page: 1 of 1