Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enhanced Lightsabers v3.0 is available for download at PCGameMods

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
07-11-2004, 2:08 AM
Here's the link...

http://www.pcgamemods.com/6089/)

...and some info. I recommend reading the readme for more details.

Version 3.0 contains the following updates:

Added Duron's Short Lightsaber (special upgradeable) to Duron Qel-Droma's corpse in Shyrack Caves
Added Sith Short Lightsaber (special upgradeable) to Sith Statue corpse in Naga Sadow's tomb
Added Dobaen Crystal (special crystal) to Tanktanerak corpse in Lower Shadowlands
Added Kirrus Crystal (special crystal) to Dark Jedi Master corpse in Sith Base

Changed Force Regeneration attribute for Ta'xar Crystal from 5 to 3
Changed .tga file for Ta'xar Crystal
Changed Quala placeable from Dark Jedi Master corpse in Sith Base to Republic Soldier corpse in Hrakert Station
Changed Nosnysan placeable from Tanktanerak corpse in Lower Shadowlands to Wicker Basket in Worrroznor's home

Included are 2 LS and 2 DS lightsabers. Each have unique attributes and have been specially designed for upgrade using 8 custom sabercrystals.

All of the crystals and the sabers have been placed in-game.

Here is a excerpt from the Read me:

Item Properties - Lightsaber

*Defender of the Force* (g_w_lghtsbr90)
<Korriban, Shyrack Caves - Found on Duron Qel-Droma's corpse>

Feats Required: Weapon Proficiency - Lightsaber

Damage: Energy, 2-16
Energy, +1-4 vs. Dark Side
Critical Threat: 19-20,x2
Restricted to: Light Side

This lightsaber has been gifted to Jedi Masters strong in the Force for hundreds of years. Only those with the deepest committment to serving the Light Side can wield this powerful weapon.

*Duron's Short Lightsaber* (g_w_shortsbr90)
<Korriban, Shyrack Caves - Found on Duron Qel-Droma's corpse>

Damage: Energy, 2-12
Energy, +1 vs. Dark Side
Restricted to: Light Side
Balanced: +2/+0 vs. two-weapon penalty if used in the off hand

Duron Qel-Droma created this lightsaber to help increase the effectiveness of his attacks against the gruesome Tarentatek beasts during the time of the Great Hunt.

*Master of the Force* (g_w_lghtsbr91)
<Korriban, Tomb of Naga Sadow - Found in Sith Statue>

Damage: Energy, 2-16
Damage Bonus: +1-4 Fire
Restricted to: Dark Side

A powerful weapon of the Sith, this unique lightsaber has been modified to accept unconventional focusing crystals. Only those who have turned to the Dark Side can operate this evil artifact.

*Sith Short Lightsaber* (g_w_shortsbr91)
<Korriban, Tomb of Naga Sadow - Found in Sith Statue>

Damage: Energy, 2-12
Damage Bonus: +1 Acid
Restricted to: Dark Side
Balanced: +2/+0 vs. two-weapon penalty if used in the off hand

This lightsaber is quite intricate in its design, the hilt covered in delicate runes and inlaid with black markings. No doubt the purpose of the weapon is primarily ceremonial, though it certainly seems to perform as a lightsaber should.

Item Properties - Saber Crystals

*Nosnysan Crystal* (g_w_sbrcrstl80)
<Kashyyyk, Lower Shadowlands - Tanktanerak corpse>

Attack Bonus: 5
Blaster Bolt Deflection: Increase: +4
Damage Bonus: Energy, 1d10

These mossy crystals are formed naturally in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk. Although Czerka Corporation has dismissed these natural resources as having no value, Wookies have collected them for centuries as symbols of power and strength.

*Sanhe Crystal* (g_w_sbrcrstl81)
<Tatooine, Eastern Dune Sea - Rubble pile in Krayt Dragon Lair)

Attack Bonus: 4
Blaster Bolt Deflection: Increase: +3
Damage Bonus: Energy, 1d8

This crystal was formed by ages of brutal heat, giving it a bright, reflective surface.

*Quala Crystal* (g_w_sbrcrstl82)
<Manaan, Hrakert Station - Found on Republic Soldier's corpse>

Attack Bonus: 2
Damage Bonus: Energy, 3
Massive Criticals: 2d6
Regeneration: 2

Formed in Kolto vents near the bottom of Manaan's watery depths, this unique crystal appears to have healing properties as well as the ability to create a dense lightsaber beam.

*Josxun Crystal* (g_w_sbrcrstl83)
<Yavin Space Station - Purchased from Suvam after finding the last Star Map>

Attack Bonus: 3
Blaster Bolt Deflection: Increase: +8
Damage Bonus: Energy, 2d6

Excavated from the surface of Yavin IV, this plain looking crystal appears too unrefined for normal lightsaber use, but may fit into a specially modified weapon.

*Ta'xar Crystal* (g_w_sbrcrstl84)
<Unknown World, Main floor of the Temple of the Ancients - Found in Strongbox>

Damage Bonus: Energy, 3
Regeneration Force Points: 3

This powerful crystal was once highly regarded by the Jedi Order for its strong connection with the Force. It disappeared from the Counsel's possession about the same time that Revan and Malak left to confront the Mandalorians, however none of the Jedi Masters considered that it may have been stolen.

*Kadal Crystal* (g_w_sbrcrstl85)
<Korriban, Tomb of Naga Sadow - Found in Naga Sadow's Monument>

Damage Bonus: Energy, 5

This ancient stone was most probably kept by Naga Sadow for its Force properties, however it appears as though it would be quite functional in a specially equipped lightsaber.

*Dobaen Crystal* (g_w_sbrcrstl86)
<Kashyyyk, Lower Shadowlands - Tanktanerak corpse>

Damage Bonus: Energy, 2
Regeneration Force Points: 2

This focusing crystal was harvested long ago by a powerful Jedi Sentinel. Thought to have been destroyed or stolen, this artifact served many generations of Force users.

*Kirrus Crystal* (g_w_sbrcrstl87)
<Manaan, Sith Base - Found on Dark Jedi Master's corpse>

Attack Bonus: 2
Blaster Bolt Deflection: Increase: +6
Wisdom: +1

These extremely rare crystals can be found deep in the caverns of Kirrus IX. The ravenous beasts that feed on these crystals make mining impossible, however they can be occationally found on the surface after volcanic erruptions or violent earthquakes.

Please see the full Read me for a comprehensive list of moddified files to see if installing this mod will create conflicts.
 Colma Adawin
07-11-2004, 2:41 AM
Hey nice work Achillies!

i was sadly not quick enough to be the first to download :) but no matter, i have the mod and its sweet as hell!! :D well done M8

MattCole
 Achilles
07-11-2004, 3:50 AM
Thanks for the compliment.
 Mav
07-11-2004, 3:57 AM
quick question achillies, are those crystals upgrade crystals rather than color crystals, and if so how do they give regular lightsabers bonuses to their attributes, because I thought you would have to add the bonus properties to the saber's .uti file that corresponds to the crystal?
 Achilles
07-11-2004, 4:26 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
quick question achillies, are those crystals upgrade crystals rather than color crystals, and if so how do they give regular lightsabers bonuses to their attributes, because I thought you would have to add the bonus properties to the saber's .uti file that corresponds to the crystal?

That's correct, they are upgrade crystals. The trick is that they don't give attributes to just any lightsaber. As you correctly pointed out, you do have to add the attributes to the saber's .uti file. Hence this is why these eights crystals will only work with the 4 sabers that I included in the mod. I tried to upgrade a regular saber with one of my crystals and it didn't turn out too well, so I don't recommend trying it =(

I hope that answers your question.
 Supreme-Lord
07-11-2004, 4:45 AM
Now thats a nice mod. Exellent work. Keep it up ;)
 Mav
07-11-2004, 5:11 AM
That is what I figured, it is too bad that you have to add them to the properties of the saber's .uti file otherwise I may have made some crystals too :D Great work though Achillies keep it up man, and thanks for answering the question
 Achilles
07-11-2004, 5:57 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
That is what I figured, it is too bad that you have to add them to the properties of the saber's .uti file otherwise I may have made some crystals too :D Great work though Achillies keep it up man, and thanks for answering the question

You should give it a shot. It's actually a lot of fun because it forces you to be a lot more creative (at least it did for me anyway). Not only do you have to make the saber, but you have to determine which properties to give the crystals, and where you should place them. Not only that, but you get to create interesting backstories for the crystals as well. Don't get me wrong, saber mods are fun, but you can't help but feel like this is what it is to make a game.
Page: 1 of 1