Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Music problems...

Page: 1 of 1
 Nalukai
07-10-2004, 8:40 PM
i am still getting the explicit track missing errors in testing my map with these settings on my entity:

music /music/NightFlight.mp3 ( yes its in gamedata/base/music

noise 100

spawnflags 4

origen 72 - 166 208

classname target_speaker

it is set directly center of map with the global attributes

any ideas????

oh yeah i compiled it in test BSP -meta, -vis -fast -super 2 -filter

guess ill try a final bsp to see if that has anything do do with it....

or should i use a worldspawn??? im not sure how that works tho- but my map is 99 percent complete only lacking teh tOOnz!!!!!
 Nalukai
07-11-2004, 1:24 AM
well i did the final super bounce8 compile and made the pk3 but still i get the error... one thing i did do was put the mp3 in the music dir of the pk3 instead of sounds, is that wrong? also im not sure how i can check/change the frequency of the mp3... somethin bout 44 mhz in stereo.... clueless.....come on peeps only thing i have left before able to release for your enjoyment... ^^ so holla atcha boy!
 wedge2211
07-11-2004, 10:09 AM
For a target_speaker, you want to set the NOISE key equal to the sound file, and have no music key. But usually, target_speakers are just used for sound clips. Global game music should be set by setting the MUSIC key on the worldspawn.
 Nalukai
07-11-2004, 2:58 PM
aight ill just delete that speaker and try the worldspawn again but everytime i right click on 2d window it tells me that an entity cannot produce a worldspawn.... ill try riechdeisel on that...

so my keys and values as per my pk3 file should be

global attribute looped

key: music

value: /music/nightflight.mp3 ??

my mp3 is in the music directory within the pk3 file. there is a sound and music directory there.

and im not sure about the sound key and values what is the maximum value for sound or at least a good medium to about half full volume???
 *Dark
07-11-2004, 3:39 PM
are you sure it is ment to be /music/... because i think that you need to have it with out the first fwd slash
value music/....
 Ice Dyn4stY™
07-11-2004, 4:41 PM
Yes, press "N" (Without selecting something) then "KEY=music" "VALUE=path-to-music.mp3"
But the mp3 has to be 44100 Hz mono 64 kbps or the wav-file 16 oder 8 bit mono signed. ;) I hope that's that you wanted to know ^^
 Nalukai
07-11-2004, 5:10 PM
yeah thats exactly what it was in the bsp compile still have to do the pk3

i think i busted a nut when i finally heard my music on there.... will post a link and shots to it when it is ready in about 2 hours to be dist to the public... THANKS!!!!!!!!!
 wedge2211
07-12-2004, 7:45 PM
Originally posted by Nalukai
and im not sure about the sound key and values what is the maximum value for sound or at least a good medium to about half full volume???
Just FYI, you can't change the volume of a target_speaker with any key. You just have to add another target_speaker.

Also, you do NOt add a worldspawn by right-clicking. The worldspawn already exists. Just deselect everything and press N.
 Nalukai
07-13-2004, 3:32 PM
yeah i got all that a few days ago and corrected what i needed to do.. thanks.

unfortunately a brush with no plane error came up and tryin to take care of that now... always somethin freakin new pops up just when i am bout to release it. sigh....
 *Dark
07-13-2004, 4:43 PM
make sure that you use the brush clean up what is in plugins / bobtoolz, that should take care of all of the brush/plane problems
Page: 1 of 1